Hello from the high desert

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hello from the high desert

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leonard Rice
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Leonard Rice.  I live in SW New Mexico USA.  I recently purchased a ’79 750 twin.  It was a project bike and came with a fairly stripped parts bike, manuals and a couple boxes of new and used spare parts.  I was a heavy equipment and vehicle mechanic in another life.  I have worked on ATVs but this is my first time diving into motorcycles.  Hoping to get it running so I can run the rural highways and roads around here.  Just what I needed was another half finished project.

AtLarge
    Participant

Welcome aboard Leonard.  Looks salvageable to me and with your experience should be road worthy in no time.  Good luck!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Leonard and welcome to our site.

It does look quite a decent twin you have there. A 1979 model is most likely to be a B4 although it could be a B3. However after saying that the front end looks to be B1 or B2 as it has a leading caliper which was trailing on the B3 and B4. Maybe the spare frame has been a donor of parts and is an earlier model. You can look in the Model Identification section for frame numbers or alternatively give us them to us and we can clarify this for you.

Enjoy your new found 2 wheeled world and keep us posted of your antics. If you need any help please shout up.

Cheers

KK

Leonard Rice
    Participant

P.O. told me it was a 79.  Best I can tell, Serial # says its an early 1976 B1.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Ah that kinda makes sense now.

My guess is the frame on the rolling chassis you have will be a 79 B4. Do you have the papers for both bikes?

Leonard Rice
    Participant

No papers at all, just a death certificate which is worthless.  The serial on the good bike is KZ750B0007xx. Motor # is within 20 or so, so I think it is the original.  Has about 22k miles on it.

I can’t remember what number is on the rolling chassis.

It will be a pain but there are a couple ways I can get it titled.  Just couldn’t turn it down for $150 for the whole mess.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

$150? I would give you your money back for the exhausts if they are original and half decent. Like you say it couldn’t be turned down at that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this