Hi from New Mexico

Home Forums New Member Introductions Hi from New Mexico

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freefaller
    Participant

Hello twin fans. New to Lonesometwins and glad to be onboard. I’ve got two KZ 750 twins (and a number of other bikes) The twins are a 79′ KZ750b that is undergoing a rebirth and an 81′ M that is currently dismantled. The 79 is my current project and when I picked it up it looked like the pic. The PO had the bodywork painted and a cafe style tail (not using it). It was quite a mess under all that and nowhere near original or complete.

Thanks!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello freefaller and welcome.

How looks can be deceiving. It looks quite a tidy bike on the outside. How far are you taking it? Are you gonna go back to original?

One of my CSR twins came from New Mexico. It was in excellent external condition but the heat had fried the majority of the electrics and faded the paintwork. Carbs were full of red sand too.

I look forward to following your refurbished

KK

philpassingham
    Participant

Welcome young sir

jett
    Participant

Welcome mate!

freefaller
    Participant

Thanks for the welcomes!

This bike is slowly becoming a single seater with a light cafe style. It’s currently stripped to the frame while I finish cleaning it up. I’m a fair mechanic but my fabrication skills are a work in progress. I’m trying to do as much of it myself as possible.

KK, the desert out here is usually very good to bikes. Little to no rust in our dry climate. I have a shed full of project bikes and I normally don’t usually see burnt electrical like you mentioned but all the rubber and plastic bits turn to toast for sure if they sit outside.

beachcomber
    Participant

Great to see you made it at last !!!!

Welcome indeed ……….. just need your build thread now.

CC’s now become an FF !

freefaller
    Participant

Thanks Beach. I have 20+ years of skydiving under my belt, it’s my usual handle when I can get it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this