JUST ABOUT FINISHED?

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports JUST ABOUT FINISHED?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    AERIAL0
    Participant

Been a long slog, but nearly finished. Sorry for all the same photos, but just mastering re installing photos with KK’s help.

lonesome
    Participant

Lovely job mate, you should be proud 😎

AERIAL0
    Participant

Thank you. Could not have got to this stage without the help of the forum. And the help of KK re spares and other members. More photos to follow.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Looking very nice. Well done you.

Your welcome to the help that is what we are here for. I will also try and help you with the other couple of bits you are wanting.

Hopefully we will meet up sometime???

AERIAL0
    Participant

A brief history. Purchased over a year ago in a very poor state and every thing had been painted with a yard brush.
    Had the s/arm, side stand, main stand and battery case powder coated.
    Repainted the tank and all panels myself for under £20. Sorted out the brakes. new chain & sprockets and rear shocks. The rest has been elbow grease. Not show condition but clean and tidy.

lonesome
    Participant

Don’t suppose there’s a before pic is there? You could morph it into your shiny after version. I’m impressed with the tank – I did mine once and all that boring sanding and spraying was undone by the first coat of lacquer. I’ll get it done professionally some day. Probably the day after the electric start works flawlessly (or at all!).

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very nice Aerial0 especially that paint job.

How is the exhaust made up?

AERIAL0
    Participant

Exhaust is orig down pipes? to a pair of marving cans. The paint work was a pain in the arse to do with all the rubbing down and building up the coats to try and get a good finish. Used Halfords petrol resistant lacquer on the tank.
    Only have 1 photo of b4. Please note blow torch in picture. Every nut and bolt had to be heated up and plenty of WD 40 to remove. Just need the mirrors and rev/counter cable to finish and a little more polishing. Then its back to the Z1300.

AERIAL0
    Participant

The Z750’s bigger brother.

Edmund
    Participant

Awesome Z1300

AERIAL0
    Participant

Thank you. Spent mega Wonga on the beast from a new exh system which are like hens teeth to get hold of, but in the right place at the right time to purchase plus a new seat unit as well.
    Still an on going project as lost spark after having running like a dream.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this