kickstart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

The only course of action is to pull off the side cover and inspect the kickstart mechanism. I’ll try to scan in the page of the manual, or dig out a copy of the scans I had hereabouts as soon as I can.

kwakanaka
    Participant

Think you can check the return spring by taking the cover off, otherwise if it is a gear problem will need to split engine casing 😮
    kwakanaka_1222425675000_P1010005.jpg

dougie
    Participant

sorry guys . Ive not explained it right the kick’s mechanicaly ok she just wont fire ..is it because of the electric ignition or is it just down to timing…she starts first time using the button..?????

dougie
    Participant

ok guys a buddy of mines got a twin ..he’s allways just used the electric start. until recently he’s never had the need to kickstart …guess what..she wont kick…any tips or ideas ?.cheers Dougie

dougyt
    Participant

Technique is the most likely candidate for not starting on the kick if the electric starting is ok. The electric starter takes more life so you get a weaker spark, and hareder to start, the opposite of what you have here.
    Other than that, it’s tuning, and compression checks, as the starter will help to build a bit of compression and fuel as it spins faster than the kickstart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this