KZ750 plus XZ550

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

looks a good project,is that a green tank?looks like a uk rear mudguard,does it have seperate rectifier and regulator 😀

wedge
    Participant

All the bodywork is original (as far as I can tell) and green, the mudguard is really wide and joins to a black plastic one about halfway up.

Paperwork says declared new at first registration in Jan 78 but I don’t know what model it is other than a B something. Not 100% clued up on these yet.

Reg/rec had already been removed and I hope is in the pile on the shelf, few bits of other bikes seem to have been thrown in so I don’t know what’s what at the moment.

Edit: Found it, it’s a B2, which means it’s the wrong colour right?

philpassingham
    Participant

think green ia a b3 colour but i think looks briliant, lots of electric bits on ebay at moment,worth grabbing some spare bits 😀

wedge
    Participant

Front caliper is also in the B3 position but frame definitely corresponds to a B2.

Regarding reg/rec, I have one reg on it’s own and one aftermarket reg/rec. Not sure which (if either) is hooked up til I get my knitting needles out and work my way through the wiring.

Previous owners favourite tool seems to have been wire clippers.

wedge
    Participant

Right, hopefully philpass is still alive and not died from holding his breath…

This is what I have (pic is clickable), am I mising anything you have for sale before you flog it all?

I know there are two starter solenoids, only 1 is wired up, everything else is connected.
    I don’t know if E is from this bike, seems a bit big, similarly don’t know if correct coil and I don’t know what H is yet…

wedge-kawasaki-electrical-stuff

philpassingham
    Participant

looks like you have it all mate,breathed when i went deep blue,cant expect dougie to rush lol

wedge
    Participant

So since both “F” and “I” are wired up, I have multiple redundancy?

philpassingham
    Participant

e fits near the coil on the coil bracket,the small black one is a brake warning switch i think

Tango
    Participant

Wedge any chance you or anyone can label the letters of your parts?
    And if any help with bits is needed ill still be glad to help if I can. 😉

wedge
    Participant

I can give it a go, but bear in mind I’ve been stripping down 2 bikes (this one is being done up, Yamaha is sacrificing itself to pay for the restoration) and not really had much chance to research yet. Add to this the fact that most of the loom had already been disconnected by the time I got the bike…

A = ignition barrel
    B = coil (just one on these?)
    C = Starter solenoid (I have a spare, see J)
    D = ………
    E = condenser???
    F = regulator (don’t know why I have this, see I)
    G = flasher relay???
    H = self-canelling unit or brake light???
    I = reg/rec
    J = another starter solenoid

Anyone feel free to fill in the blanks

Tango
    Participant

Cheers this will help when im sussing mine out, I read the bike have a brake light fail switch, As far as I can tell it near the back behind the battery?
    Am I wrong or are these bikes from the 70’s? You dont get that kind of stuff on new bikes 😮

wedge
    Participant

Mine’s a ’78.

And BMW’s have brake light failure monitors 🙂

wedge
    Participant

yes there is a whole KZ there, just not all in one place

5815415441_9521d90b87_z.jpg

5815982936_d4b4610ee0_z.jpg

philpassingham
    Participant

d is the fuse box h is a brake light warning unit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this