Kz750 Scrambler build

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Kz750 Scrambler build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Well i finally bought a bike to make a scrambler style bike. Its a 1977 Kz750 that was previously butchered. Complete with matt grey paint and cafe bars and seat.

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Well first off was stripping out the body and seeing what we have to deal with

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Next taking the body down and stripping the tank for paint

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Next up is paint! Starting with british racing green and then coating with some very close to original teal. And finally finished off with cream racing stripes. So i can go extra fast.

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Next trying out the exhaust. Im going for a high up scrambler exhaust. I toyed with the new mufflers pipes but decided to cut it up and weld it right to the collector.

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Next was the seat fibreglass pan. After everything i had about 6 layers overall and 8 layers were the fasteners will be. Fingers crossed for a good looking seat. Im going for a black vinyl.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Good work Cameron. Although I am a fan of Kawasaki green I don’t think it works well with these old models.
    I like what you’ve done so far and the tank is very smart. The exhaust is not my cup of tea but I am very interested to see how that seat works out.

Keep it up

KK

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

I agree 100% the Neon parts are gonna be painted black and the  seat was just sent to the upholstery guy. Thanks!

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

seated on the bike the exhaust is about 2.5-3” away from my leg so looks like its gonna work pretty well! Also got the rear fender mocked up. And looks like its gonna work pretty well. Though I’m gonna have to move the mounting brackets for the bump bar to the outside for tire clearance.

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

another successful day of fiddling away on the scrambler. Today i got the fork boots on and the forks painted. Also got the scrambler tire on (though I punctured the inner tube) 🙁

So i need to go get a mew inner tube.
    i also got my novelty plate on and the caliper painted so its no longer neon green.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It’s coming on well and looking much better.

That is a beast of a front tyre. Can you supply the details for reference please

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Well i got the seat back from the upholstery shop and it looks great! Super fast turn around (bout 2 business days) and is exactly what i wanted. It looks great on the bike and the stitching matches the green on the tank. So over all Im really happy with how it turned out. Also on another plus the seat has enough foam so its actually comfortable unlike the seat the bike came with. Iv also posted a comparison picture from the day i got it to now.

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

The front is a 120/70-19 and the rear is a 120/90-18 and there continental twinduro tkc 80’s

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Everything’s  coming along now to tackle the tasks of wiring the tach to the coil and finding a speedo cable. You don’t need a tach though do you?

Cameron McPeak
    Participant

Well got a little bit done on the bike getting the licence plate temporarily mounted for this year. May mount it on the side but for now this will too. Also included is a gratuitous side pic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this