LTD with carb issues

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects LTD with carb issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    speedy
    Participant

hi bud yes i have done several carb convesions on the ltds and csr models the carbs off either a gpz500s or a kle 500 or an en 500 will fit the trouble will be with the throtal and return cables and the choke cable

the lovley people at kawasaki did keep the same colour wires on the gpz/kle/en switch gear and all the plugs are the same

what i did was change the standard switch gear for KLE switch gear you have to cut both looms and solder the wires back to get the correct length that you require i used the KLE throttle cables as thay are longer than the GPZ cables and the clutch cables its quite a simple conversion and if you want to run K&N filters on the gpz/kle/en carbs then you will need a dynojet kit but the bike will run on the gpz/kle/en carbs though the standard air box with no need to rejet as the carb are the same diameter

hope this helps cheers speedy

Anonymous
    Inactive

All that is relatively straight forward but what manifold do you use?

philpassingham
    Participant

the standard manifolds are allready 34mm

Anonymous
    Inactive

The ones that were on it were bodgy welded up pieces. Methinks I might make up steel ones , use GPZ500 rubbers , change the throttle lower throttle casing & throttle tube for a GPZ750 item for the push/pull cables and go from there as a simpler solution. For the choke use a 66′ W1 choke lever and make a cable for it. Will also try to find a Dynojet kit as well. Already have a set of GPZ carbs & rubbers so as I can’t source replacement manifolds that just might be a plan. Got lucky on the bike as I already have alot of Z750/4 , Z650 and GPZ750 bits that I can play with and the bike came with a Staintune Stainless exhaust system. Just want it up and running while I build my mono shocked Santee GSXR chop. That and finish the XR600 Bobber for Bages.

speedy
    Participant

i used as phil said the standard LTD/CSR inlet thay just need a bit of WD40 and a rubber hammer and just gentley ease them

ive always said plenty of lubrication and a gentle trusting motion is the best way 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oi All. Blackjack sent me. Got a 12/82 LTD that required alot of basic stuff to get back on the road . Done everything except the carbs. The carbs on there are beyond shot , they are on home made bodgy manifolds and they are supported by odd bits of steel at random angles. Blackjack told me about a conversion on late model LTD’s involving GPZ500 carbs. Anyone have any info on that. Even though I’m one of the only frame builders in Sydney that do Jap bikes I’ll leave this one be for now and just enjoy riding it when I can get the carbs sorted…

dougyt_1209196648000_Zed001.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

As I didn’t have stock manifolds or even access to GS500 manifolds I used what I have. As I already had a set of stock GPZ500 rubbers I made a simple set of manifolds to mate the carbs to the bike. Ran out of light before I could finish them but here they are. Need to shorten them about 8mm , grind back the welds and give them a quick coat of VHT paint . The odd finish in the photos is acid. I used a Mitsubishi car exhaust as a donor for the stub and to remove the built up carbon & the rust on the other bit I gave them a bath for a while. Will clean them up properly and mount them tomorrow .

dougyt_1209827177000_Z750Manifold.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this