Michael’s Z750B3 project with central rear suspension

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Michael’s Z750B3 project with central rear suspension

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

other side:
    kawasaki-z750-b3

Michael
    Participant

In Germany it is strictly forbidden to weld something to the frame!
    Only a few specialized firms are allowed to do that legaly and they know what to charge for that !!!
    I have to help myself with “screwed/bolt on” constructions to see how it can work if it is welded.
    Position of upper suspension strut and rear frame is not finalized yet.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Now that is customised lol and it looks awesome. Keep us posted there.

I have 2 1/2 CSR’s. One i want up to showroom standards. One i want to customise my way and the rest im hopping to turn into a bobber made from any Kawasaki parts but with the twin engine.

These should compliment my ZRX lol

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

have you placed pictures of your bikes in the forum?
    Please advice how I can find them 😉

I will use CSR wheels in my hardcore chopper project 😉
    But until now that is just a LTD frame, front fork, it’s dual disc brakes and fuel tank, a 35 cm Apehanger and advanced(?) foot pegs.
    Short dual rear suspension lower the height of the seat 😉
    A motor is around, several other parts as well. Let’s see how this goes.

Another “dream” is to place the twin motor in a Honda VFR750F chassis. I have bought the frame already and it fits after a really minor change around the twin motor 😉

When this project goes on I have to strip my stock VFR (100.000km/ 62.000miles) to get the rest of the parts I need for the VFR-Z750 ;-)))

My girlfriend has a Z750LTD Twin Y1 since 2012 in stock condition (except paint). That bike was standing somewhere for ages, needs new tires, braking hoses and a lot of polish. I revitalized it and drove some kilometers, it works pretty well. She will have a lot of fun with that bike, as she always thinks about her sold Yamaha XS650.
    She actual rides a Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat and the Twin will be her second bike.

You can see, a lot of things around bikes and the Twins !

Take care,
    Michael
    kawasaki-twin

Michael
    Participant

Hardcore project at a very early stage:
    project-early-stage

Michael
    Participant

and the VFR frame around the Twin motor:
    vfr-twin-motor

Michael
    Participant

and this is my Honda VFR750 with Kawasaki and Ninja stickers on it at the Twin meeting in Germany 2011.

I had so much fun with this bike under the Kawasaki label, ROFL 😉
    Especially at a large Kawasaki meeting.
    One fan want to take some pictures of this really great Kawasaki Ninja with single side rear swing arm !
    ROFLcopter !!!

Cheers, Michael
    kawazaki-ninja

Tango
    Participant

They look ace. I’m having enough trouble building a standard ish? one back up to get back on the road. You must be good at problem solving! that’s all I can say.

Michael
    Participant

Hi all Lonesome Twins,

as I am trying always something new I have decided to modify a Twin with a central rear suspension.

It is still a long way to go and to get it legalized in Germany via T

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

thank you 😉

I am just using the parts that I think they might work.
    Try it, adjust it, modify it, get it !

Two wheels, suspension, brakes, frame, motor, carbs, exhaust, seat, stearing, fuel tank and a bit of electric stuff, that’s (nearly) all you need 😉

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this