Model details required please

Home Forums New Member Introductions Model details required please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi steve and welcome. People out there are only to happy to slate these beauties, mainly through mainly ignorance, so it is nice someone wants to be positive for a change. I can help you with most of the model info you require but will need a little time (couple of days) to get it sorted for you. What other info do you require? If you wish to chat on the phone feel free to pm your number to me and i will call you. If your not to far from Bolton maybe a meet would be better. Please let me know how you want to do things.
    Cheers
    KK

dougyt
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    thanks for taking the time to put the record straight on the Z750 twins. And in the hallowed pages of CMM I’ll be looking forward to reading it.
    Enough toadying, there is a small amount of info around the site here which may help, in particular this pagehttp://colinwood.co.uk/wptest/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=148&forum=11#forumpost856 which has some brief details of the Z750 changes through the models.
    Sadly the person responsible for this info passed away.

You’ll be in pretty good hands with KaptainKwak though (hopefully) 😀

wedge
    Participant

Most of the bike mags are written around Peterborough and Lincolnshire, which if you live in the same area puts you closest to me: bad luck, I probably know the least of anyone on here, and don’t even have a bike in one piece for photo’s.

Did we never manage to make it into the “Lemon’s” articles? A feature I sadly miss since I was able to take it in the tongue in cheek manner in which it was intended and because I’ve owned or lusted after many of those featured 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya,
    I too lament the pasing of the LEMONS page especially as I knew the authror extremely well. AS you say ot was T-I-C and was always aimed at being so. IT followed the time honoured tradition of having a back page with sarcasm/humour and irony just like BIKE mag did back in the day. We can only hope it comes back!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks sir, your help is much appreciated. As I never normally get time to inhabit forums and cyber space how the Sam HIll do I “pm” you? Damned if I can find your address but then I’m just just a jobbing journo……….who happens to like odd balls, the middle ground and the overlooked/dreided. i.e. MZ ES250s, Suzuki Titans, XS650 s and Yamaha Chappys

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Steve
    I have PM’d my mobile no to you. Feel free to ring me. Check your inbox listed top left of each page
    KK

wedge
    Participant

I’ve literally just put down the article about the Chappy’s carb

scruffyrd
    Participant

Hi Steve,

You will also find some useful info here:

Z750 info

Mick

dougyt
    Participant

We almost forgot Lonesomes site, the original Lonesome Twin

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

This is my story so far:-

KZ750 B1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Kaptain, typing from my sick bed (well armchair actually) that’s real help. Do you have a list of colurs for models/years please? Also could do with a guide as to what K, B, G, M, S etc suffix all signify. Would like to give the bike the best coverage possible. As a lover and champion of the odd ball and underdog (Yamaha 200 twin lover) I have a perverse desire to always tell the proper story. Thanks for all for their input. Stevie C

philpassingham
    Participant

the kind kaptain has a pink bike

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Stevies write up is in this months (Feb) CMM issue 292.

It’s a good 3 page spread and i feel pretty accurate read. Nice to see our beloved’s not being slated for once.

Very well written Stevie and thank you.

KK

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys, I’m a freelance journalist working for Classic Motor Cycle Mechanics Magazine. I write the Spotter’s Guide and would like to cover the Z750 twin in a factual style detailing the model numbers, changes etc. I do not want to slag off/belittle/demean the big K twin; it’s been done far too often and without just cause etc. Is there anyone in the forum who can let me have a definitve model list with changes etc please? I can promise an unbiased 800 word article. Thanks for all and any help.
    Steve Cooper

dougyt
    Participant

Was going to miss this issue but now I must get it. Thanks for the headsup Kwak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this