My Z750 not completely snowbound after #blizzardof2015

Home Forums General Everything Else My Z750 not completely snowbound after #blizzardof2015

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Iceman
    Participant

Storm had so much potential that the BBC tweeted this the other day:

WhgUtiy.png

Here was the forecast for Boston from ystrdy:

sljoes.jpg

How my bike faired down here in the “Upper South”, bordering the District of Columbia:

16379203411_479d2e06be_c.jpg

The snow never seems to collect around my tyres which is a good thing because I’m concerned it would damage them over the rest of the winter?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

From what we are getting told you seem to have got off lightly there.

As far as snow ruining your tyres is concerned then not as far as I am aware but maybe that depends which tyres you have on. A few years ago here my bike wheels froze to my path. I was (and still am) on BT45’s. It didn’t cause them any problems.

Iceman
    Participant

Thats good to hear. I was afraid they might develop cracks or some other malady but tyres on autos do seem to fair well enough outdoors over the winter.

lonesome
    Participant

Only problem I’ve ever had with a bike standing out in cold weather was jumping on the seat and cracking the cover. Me & my fat arse! 😀

Michael
    Participant

Hi Iceman,

this blizzard is in the german news as well ! Up to 90 cm / 3 feet of snow is expected as we are told.

I have seen much more tires ruined by exposure to UV sunlight than to contact to snow.
    So don’t worry about it to much.

Cheers, Michael

PS: Set fire to the snow !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this