new from solihull, west mids

Home Forums New Member Introductions new from solihull, west mids

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    richh
    Participant

Hi all, I’m a new member from the westmids.
    Just purchased a 1976 750 twin but have had a twin project cooking for a while.
    I’m utterly ignorant to models and years and correctness. I just like em!
    Cheers Rich

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Richh and welcome.

1976 that will be a B1. Before you sit down be a good fella and get me a double rum and coke from the bar.

Cheers

Now ask away but don’t forget to post some pics please

Edmund
    Participant

Welcome Richh

philpassingham
    Participant

hyaaaaa

richh
    Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! i will post pics asap. I have the complete bike plus two engines plus bits and bobs.
    I’ve bought my spare engines first with a view to building a chopper. The bike came up local so I thought it would be a good test vehicle for my engines.
    Love the bike but it really need a little money sent to make it safe!!!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Quote richh “Love the bike but it really need a little money sent to make it safe!!!”

Are you asking us to pay for your repairs 😆

There are lots of parts and help on this site rich. Feel free to ask anything, after we see your pictures of course 🙄

richh
    Participant

ha ha, I’ll fund the refurb but I’m sure the font of knowledge here will save me a few quid!.

I have been trying to put some pictures up but to no avail. The pic host didn’t exist but my IT skills are lacking. Any tips to get pics posted?

I have sent this same message off my phone and my wifes pad thing too so don’t be surprised to see it repeated!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

To post pictures you need to upload them from your PC. This is done by clicking ‘BROWSE’ just below the reply typing box. Select the picture you wish to upload and click OK (or open).

NB PICTURES MUST BE SMALLER THAN 1 MEG

Click the ‘UPLOAD’ button next to the ‘BROWSE’ button and the picture will be uploaded into your post.

DO NOT PREVIEW THE POST BEFORE YOU CLICK SUBMIT

Cheers

KK

richh
    Participant

Some pics (hopefully!!!)

samuria
    Participant

looking good…
    whats the plan with the hardtail????

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I was thinking the same samuria

richh
    Participant

The blue bike looks a lot better in the pics. Not rideable at the moment althought its moted and taxed. The forks leak air and oil and need top plugs. I need to ID them to sort the parts. I need to check out the motor. It runs ok but I’m worried that the previous owners used instant gasket etc so want to at least take the sump off and look at the strainer.The starter motor is really sluggish too so I need to perfect my kickstarting technique!

The chopper is is a project I bought for the parts. The engine looks v good and came with a spare. Unfortunately, the frame is suzuki GS? and has been chopped about a little too much. I have ideas on grefting the rear end onto a z750 frame when one appears at the right price

Michael
    Participant

Hi richh,

didn’t we had a thread about your front wheel in the blue B?
    Can’t find it.

But I’ve just found a Kawasaki GPZ550, 1982. Your front wheel and brake and fork may be from that bike.

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this