New guy here

Home Forums New Member Introductions New guy here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

nrp is good for carbs,owt else just ask 😀

dougyt
    Participant

Welcome to the fold, I’m sure most Z750 twin related problems can be answered by tech support (AKA Phil)as he is very ancient and wise 😆

Keep us updated on how the bike is progressing and ask away with the questions…

wedge
    Participant

Hi there and welcome.

I find the easiest thing to do with old carbs with issues on a bike new to me is just to strip and rebuild, bench set them and take it from there.

Takes time but so does trying to figure out an issue step by step til you sort it (and still end up stripping them anyway). On the plus side, once done you’ll know your way around those carbs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just unearthed a 1980 kz750g1. Shes a rough old girl, but I guess I like a challenge. Not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, but I need to figure out the carbs first. I’m sure I wont be a lot of help here, but I’m sure I’ll be looking for some before its over! Thanks, Dave

dougyt
    Participant

I’ll second what Wedge said, as these carbs aren’t technical wonders, just quite basic it’s worth learning a little by stripping them. Using a manual will help with the settings, but if the bike was running before they most likely need a good clean out and maybe diaphragms.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this