New member from the rot across the pond

Home Forums New Member Introductions New member from the rot across the pond

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    n9viw
    Participant

Hello gents! Nick here, just joined in the search for more info about the KZ in my sig. I realized only slightly before I received my invite and profile that the Lonesome crew is across the pond from me, and more’s the pity- I’d love to join you all to rip some twisties in the auld country, then skip across to the EU and do a tour!

Alas, as I’m deathly afraid of the evil duo of the American TSA and the basic concept of flight, this is about the closest to you blokes I’ll ever get. As such, I’ll just have to live vicariously through your Anglo-Celtic exploits here on the board, and maybe share some of my own!

A little history:
    Got my first taste of powered two-wheelers when a neighbor boy received a mini-bike powered by a 5HP Briggs & Stratton horizontal-shaft engine. I only rode it once, but I was hooked!
    Fast-forward about, oh, 15 years or so. My father comes home from garage saling and asks, “Do you want a motorcycle of your own?” I responded somewhat incredulously in the affirmative; it was a dizzy blur, I don’t recall what I said but at least I didn’t curse! It was (and is) my ’76 CB550K4, no it’s not a twin but a fellow’s got to start somewhere!
    In the years between then and now I’ve owned and sold a 1983 CB550SC Nighthawk, a 1973 CB750K4, a 1982 Yamaha SR250 (wish I still had that one), a Suzuki GS650, and a Suzuki GS850. I am also the proud co-operator of my father’s 1972 CB350K2, which I’m itching to cafe but won’t touch until he’s given or sold it to me rightfully.
    I picked up the KZ a few weeks back because I’m a sucker. It has no title, but I only paid $300! Whether the savings is enough to offset the headache of digging up the old titleholder and getting a replacement remains to be seen, but so far I dig this machine! Peppy, sleek, and in spite of a botched chop job by the previous owner, it holds promise for a 2-up cruiser for myself and SWAMBO.

So, there it is, in an extremely verbose nutshell. Hope to be of some use around here, but I also hope things go so swimmingly well I’ll almost never post because I’m too busy out riding! 😀

Michael
    Participant

Hi Nick,

welcome to the Lonesome Twin Forum !
    ThanX for your introduction and the Picture !

Is the bike ready to ride ?
    Still some work to do ;-)))
    Strange rear mudguard, haha 🙂

I am working on the model recognition of the Z750Twins and your bike should be either a LTD S1 or S2, but it doesn’t really fit into the schematics.
    Would you mind to post the VIN (except last three digits!) for further identification of the model ?

You may visit my german Z750Twin Website, translated via Google by clicking the round green button, displayed left Hand side of each Forum page here.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Hi Nick

Welcome to the Mad House. 😉

You will find all the help you need here. I already envy you being over the pond.. There is so much still available for these bikes in America.

I’m always trolling through your American Ebay site.

Glad to have you on board.
    Take a seat & Take a look around and see what’s been going on.

Cheers. :pint:

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well here you are N9VIW you mad it in. Welcome.

I must agree with Michael that most likely is not a CSR and probably an S1 or S2. Maybe even a K with chain conversion. The VIN number will help us tell you the model you have.

What a great introduction there with some top bikes especially the K4. I always wanted one of those until I discovered Kawasaki’s.

There are plenty of parts in the USA which is our main supplier for the none B models but usually postage costs make them not worth the expense. How ironic it would be for us to export back to where we bought from lol.

Enjoy yourself looking around and feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers for now

KK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this