New Member/Owner in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Home Forums New Member Introductions New Member/Owner in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    KZ_Kon
    Participant

Hi everybody!  I’m happy to find a forum on KZ750 twins.  I think this is the only active forum for these bikes, minus a facebook page I’m on.

My name’s Konstantine.  You can call me Kon.

I’ve been riding for over 30 years.  For 25 of those years it’s been kz900’s, z1 900’s, kz440 belt drive, kz650, Ninja 600, a couple of different Honda CB’s.

I’ve always wanted a 750 twin and had the chance to buy one last September.  Originally, I thought it would be a “wash it, tune it, spray paint some rough spots, ride the hell out of it!”.
    Well, the more I dug into it, the worse things got.  The previous owner didn’t know what he was doing and hacked up just about everything he got his hands on.  Thankfully, the motor itself was in good shape.

I ended up taking the bike down to the frame, getting everything powder coated, and replacing/repairing/rebuilding/upgrading just about everything else.

It’s now mid-June, and I’m ALMOST done.  I just got the bike running for the first time since I bought it.  I just have a handful of small things to do, buy and install some new stainless, braided brake lines, then some body work and paint, and I can finally ride!!!  I can’t wait!

I’ve recently moved to Albuquerque.  Exploring and camping by bike are my favorite way to do it, so I’m looking forward to that.  We also have a track within 5 miles, so I plan on doing some track days, as well.

I’m looking forward to chatting with everybody, learning more about these bikes, and posting pics when I have a chance.

– Kon

philpassingham
    Participant

welcome sir,photos please

KZ_Kon
    Participant

Thank you.  I’m glad to be here.

I’ve been uploading photos into the gallery.  Please, let me know if you can’t see them.

KZ_Kon
    Participant

I just posted a few pics in “Projects and Progress”.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi KzKon and welcome to the site.

There isn’t a lot of Kawasaki 750 twin action on the web but as well as this site there is also a German site http://www.z750twin.de which is run by Michael who is also a member on here. If you copy the link and past it into google chrome you can use the built in translator.

I hope you get what you need from here and please feel free to post away.

Cheers

KK

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Kaptainkwak.
    KZ_Kon
    Participant

Hi there KK. Great to hear from you.

I’ll be posting and adding pics.  The Gallery only took so many so I think I’ll instead post small batches on the projects page.

Thanks for the link to the German forum. I will check them out.

Best regards

Kon

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kon,

welcome to the Lonesome Twins 😉

I’ve seen your pics and story at Facebook, very nice rebuilt of a Twin.

As KK said, feel free to visit the german Z750Twin page.
    A welcome and the first look and feel is here (needs some update, as I just saw):
    https://www.z750twin.de/english_page.htm

Be aware, visiting this english page your browser may not offer the translation function as it sees english language content.

The german website has a public part on red background and a forum, where a simple registration is needed to access it.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the forum and post in english language.
    Please be patient with your german brothers, as we are no native english speakers 😉

Cheers, Michael

KZ_Kon
    Participant

Hi Michael,

So good to hear from a fellow forum member!  Thank you for your kinds words about my build.  I’m looking forward to riding!  So much so that I have been dreaming about it, literally.

I will definitely check out the German site.  I enjoy talking with people that have the same bike, and a passion for them.  And not to worry, I have friends all over the world (including Germany), and speak more than one language myself, so I understand the difficulty some may have with English, and I appreciate their efforts to communicate with me when I don’t speak their language.

My best regards,
    Kon

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kon,

I own several of the Z750Twins (Bs and LTDs), some other bikes (Z1100ST, FZR1000EXUP, Z750E, RD80LC1).
    My spouse has an LTD and just sold her YZF600R “Thundercat” and has a Suzuki SV650S as her second bike now.
    My 20 yo son is riding a KTM RC125 on the road and a special built Aprilia AF1 (ex 125ccm, 2 stroke) but with a 650ccm, 4-stroke Rotax single on the track.

I have learned motorbike mechanic decades ago and still practice it as a hobby, while my profession is datacenter planning and building.

I am looking forward to your progress and sure you will be happy with the Twin.
    It is a fantastic bike 😉

Cheers, Michael

KZ_Kon
    Participant

How nice to have an entire family that rides!   I’m currently single, no kids (50 years old) and have finally realized that I hate taking passengers on my bikes, so my next girlfriend will need to ride her own.  🙂

I’ve been riding KZ900’s for around 30 years now.  I have a mania with Mad Max.  True story.
    I’ve had other bikes over the years, too, but the kz900 was my go-to bike for years.

I’m glad to hear how good the kz750 twin is. I’ve wanted one for years, and am planning on taking this one to track days from time to time (which reminds me.  I have to look for crash bars, or install frame sliders), as well as daily driving, trips, camping, and exploring my new state of New Mexico.

All I have left is install the drive chain, install the steel braided brake lines and bleed them, and then bodywork and paint.  So close!!!

Tango
    Participant

Hey… it’s the one and Only KrazyKon

Glad you found the site.. I’m the one who pointed to in this direction off Instagram.

No a massively busy site..but the info and experience off members is top notch.

Keep on building mate Love how the bikes coming on!

KZ_Kon
    Participant

Hey Tango. Yup, I made it here. Thanks for telling me about it.

Thanks for the bike compliments, too. Unfortunately I just had surgery for a torn bicep, so I’ll be out of commission for 4-6 weeks. That means I probably won’t be able to ride till next spring. That’s ok though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this