New project

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SquadronLeader
    Participant

Well I am glad to report my bike arrived,  a photo was taken so I will have a before and after photo,  it was in that lovely Brown colour that most of you love but with a record of one owner and only 5500 on the clock then it shouldn’t be to hard to get it to a decent standard, so it got stripped and the first bits of powder coat have now returned so the rebuild begins

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a great bike to start with and fantastic progress so far Squadronleader. I do look forward to seeing the progress.

KK

SquadronLeader
    Participant

well started putting on a few bits on, engine in, waiting for the engine side panels from polishes, and chrome bits, just stripping what’s left of the old lacquer ready for polishing,  powder coating some by TJ wheels in Cradley.

Now waiting for parts from KK which are on their way.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s fast progress and looking really good so far. It is quite surprising at times just how much a coat of paint can make such a difference. Can’t wait to see the tank, panels and tailpiece.

SquadronLeader
    Participant

We managed to get some bling back yesterday,  polished engine cases and rebuilt wheels in stainless,  have sent original rims to the chromers as they say they can be rescued, installed wiring loom and rear brakes,  will do a couple of more parts today.

Polished by imperial polishers Stourbridge.

SquadronLeader
    Participant

Added bling, don’t look bad..

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She is coming along well and looking very good mate. I am really impressed with the quality and the progress. Hopefully it won’t be long now before we see her running again.

KK

AtLarge
    Participant

Oooohh… Shiney!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yet another beautiful restoration will hopefully spring into life again very soon. Keep it up

SquadronLeader
    Participant

Added a few more parts but it’s now at a standstill waiting for the chrome,  carbs and paint

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very nice attention to detail and quality. It’s looking like your almost there . . .

SquadronLeader
    Participant

its coming along, but the bad news is now Chrome wont be ready till end of May due to work load in factory, good news is wont be able to do much after next week due to my op, so timing is not too bad..

SquadronLeader
    Participant

Paint nearly done just a small amount left but here’s what the rest looks like

SquadronLeader
    Participant

Well she’s out of the workshop and ready for the test run

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

What a turn-a-round and what a great looking bike. Well done mate you should be proud of your work.

Can’t wait for feedback from your road test . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this