Our bike season 2014 starts today !

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Our bike season 2014 starts today !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

Maria’s LTD and my Black Lady are ready for the first ride this year.

We will go to a petrol station first, fuel up and check tire pressure.

Then we will go where ever we want 🙂
    Sun is shining and it is already 15°C out there. No rain expected for the whole weekend.

Cheers, Michael and Maria

Tango
    Participant

Nice one Michael
    Hope you have a great day & I hope Maria gets on well with her very own lovely 750 Twin:-)

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

What a lovely day its been here too. I’ve been stuck in my car though 😥 But I have got my baby back 😀

Michael
    Participant

Had a nice 125 km / 80 miles trip with no technical issues and a long break in the sun 🙂
    Maria is happy with her “new” bike !

Cheers, Michael and Maria

PS: Hi KK, where is this B from ? The one parked at Tangos garage ?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well done Michael and Maria. I am glad all went well. Does Maria now have a big smile on her face?

The B1 I had in Tango’s garage has now gone. The B1 in the pic is my original twin I have bought back. I collected it today from Dougyt’s house after a 400 mile trip. I have her back but for now she is at Tango’s house until I make space in my garage. I also have another CSR

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

so you have sold your B to Dougyt some time in the past?
    Now you bought it back from him?
    Did I catch that right?

—-
    Yeah, Maria is happy with that bike 🙂
    She is proud of me, this time in respect to the work I have done to the bike. ROFL

I am happy that she is happy and we had no severe technical issues 🙂
    It is always an adventure to ride a bike that was bought not long ago, needed some repair and work.
    Not everything done so far and not even wet cleaned at all.

Next thing I have to look after is the side stand switch.
    It is not working correctly and prevented to start the bike with side stand in drive position. Placed bike back on side stand, started the motor, pressed the “small LTD side stand switch”, folded away the side stand and it was still running.
    Have no expertise in the side stand switch, typically I replace them with other solutions 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes Michael that is pretty much right with my B. It is the 3rd time I have bought her lol.

Yours and Maria’s bikes look great together. She does look good and happy sat on her Y. Bet you had a great inside buzz when riding together 🙂

Tango
    Participant

😀 😀

Well Done to Both of you!

Im Impressed It looks like you had a lovely day with No issues and you had the Sun along for the ride to! 😎
    What more could you ask for! Maria looks very confidant on the Y its a nice bike and a good size for her.
    On the photo of Maria sat on the bike it looks like it is a comfortable riding position for her.

Well Done Michael you are to be Congratulated on a Job well done there! :pint:

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,
    thank you !
    Indeed, we had a lot of fun.
    Maria catches up quickly how to ride a 750Twin properly 🙂

Most time I ride in the front position, but when she knows which course we will take, I let her riding in the front position.

She accelerates in most case one gear lower than me and her bike still has the stock transmission ratio of 16:38.
    The Black Lady has 17:38 and most times I have 5th gear engaged.
    When it comes to accelation, I have to live with the fact, that I can’t catch her when she uses 4th gear and I use 5th gear 🙂

It is good to see so much confidence in the bike, which is even not checked or done in all its parts (e.g. brakes, front tire, etc.). I am happy that the stuff is working well even without my prior attention.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Michael,

it is nice to see that you and Maria had such fun ride and that the bikes are working fine.
    I wish my wife would also be riding, but for now she is enyoing only on the back seat. On the first ride with her on the Twin she almost fell asleep, so maybe I should ride a bit faster next time 🙂

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

going faster is one way, mounting a Sissybar is the other.
    Then she can fell asleep and you will not loose her somewhere down the road ;-)))

Good that she is riding with you and your bike at all 😉

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

I was indeed thinking about sissy bar, but it wouldn’t look good on the bike, so going faster is now the only option 🙂

And you are right, it is good that she wants to ride with me at all, because at the beginning she was really not into bikes.

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

you have got the BT45s on it, going faster round the corners isn’t a problem 😉

Cheers, Michael

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this