Paint Colour

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Paint Colour

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi metalguru

I think they were different colours but hopefully you will find your answer here Kawasaki Paints

metalguru
    Participant

Many thanks..I’ll give it a look….

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Please do and let us know how you get on

metalguru
    Participant

Hi, I sent a side panel down to RS Bike Paint (very helpful) and they tell me that the bike has been painted at some time, so not original & difficult to identify the colour. Having seen other Z750B’s in a very similar colour, I do think that the current paint is a very close match to those. I thought it might have been Diamond Brown but RS sent me a swatch of this colour and it’s quite different (Diamond Brown a lot lighter than mine). After looking at the colour chart link you sent, I see there was another colour ‘new for 1977’ called ‘Dark Diamond Brown’ and I’m now wondering if it might be that. My bike was first registered in December 1976, so not sure??? The plot thickens….Cheers

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

As far as i am aware the 76 B’s were all burgundy. They did a model in a metallic brown which i think was the B3. I got my first 750 twin back in 1982. It was a ’76 B1 in Burgundy but i resprayed it in Ford Roman Bronze. I thought i had found it again a few years ago in the Chorley area. Thats not where you got yours from is it?

metalguru
    Participant

Hi, this bike was previously registered in Warrington and a few years ago in Fife, Scotland but not sure where else it’s been. I think there were B’s available in brown. I’ve attached a pic from t’internet showing one in the same, or very similar colour to mine…

metalguru
    Participant

’76 Z750 in brown metallic..
    metalguru-z750-b1

metalguru
    Participant

….and the actual bike, so far.
    metalguru-z530

metalguru
    Participant

Since this pic the bike has had a totally renovated seat, courtesy of RK Leighton, who did a fantastic job. I’ve also had the front mudguard, stays and kick start lever re-chromed and believe it or not I managed to find a NOS right hand exhaust for the bike! I’ve also fitted new mirrors, indicator units, replacement headlight and one or two other goodies found after trawling the ‘net for hours!! I’ve also fitted new carb jets and floats,NOS airbox connectors (found in Sweden), NOS points/condenser with plate and a new Motobatt battery to help improve starting. I’ll post some pics when I get it put back together..

Tango
    Participant

Wow thats nice.

that seat looks like it cost a bob or two. How much if you dont mind me asking. Looks a treat on though!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a beautiful bike mate and defo not my old one. It looks like Kawasaki colours but maybe the bodywork is from a different model. I think those colours were not native to the UK but maybe i’m wrong. The pin stripes look different too.

metalguru
    Participant

Hi fellas, thanks for your kind comments on the bike. The picture is before the restoration has started and the seat pictured is the old seat which had a cheap, ill-fitting cover (the photo makes that seat look better than it actually is). I have still to fit the new seat and all the other parts mentioned previously and will post pics when I do that. The seat renovation at Leightons cost

metalguru
    Participant

Hi, my ’76 Z750B is a brown metalic colour, which I think is original. Can anyone confirm if this was the same colour used on some Z900s etc, know as ‘Diamond Brown’? Cheers..

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I would love to see the seat so pics please :-D. I have put a link to a replacement seat cover company in Stroud, Gloucestershire. He does the covers but not the full refurb like you say so would be interesting to see the difference when i get mine back.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this