Parts Available.

Home Forums The Trading Post Parts Available.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Can you be a bit more specific please i.e model, log book, mags, spoke, and sizes?

Cheers

KK

Bevan
    Participant

Kaptainkwak, thanks for sorting the account, obviously now good to go. You don’t by chance happen to have a rear grab rail for the KZ750B1? Happy to consider any condition. Do you know if any of the other Kawasaki rails will fit – could get Z1 replica if it fitted? Cheers Bevan

Bevan
    Participant

My model is the first 1976 model, KZ750B1 with spoke wheels. It has been imported to New Zealand from USA so has the short rear mudguard and no seat strap. Low engine number KZ750BE 000612. Bike and any paperwork is due next week. The history section here has been usefull to highlight a few things I will need to look at – intend giving it a good work over before getting it out on the road. Rear grab rail is missing, OEM part number 35032-039 so would love to find one of these, happy to refurb a used one.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Bevan

Sorry about the mix up with your account but thankfully you are here now.

With regards to the grab rail you are right, they are very rare. I don’t have any spare ones at the moment but I do have a potential order with a friend of mine who imports from the USA. We are also in the process of having Stainless Steel ones done as well. I will update as things progress.

Sadly the grab rail is unique to our twins and as far as I am aware no others will fit.

I can get seat straps if you want one.

Cheers

KK

Bevan
    Participant

Kaptainkwak, thanks for that, definitely interested in a stainless grab rail when they are available. Pretty sure the USA B1 didn’t have a seat strap – can’t see one in the parts catalogue. My ’73 Z1 is also USA model with similar short rear guard and no seat strap. I think I saw a thread (can’t find it again, darn) about the grab rails and someone had a luggage rack to fit the 750B – could be interested in that. Cheers Bevan

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Bevan

I must be honest but I am not sure about the USA B1 having a seat strap or not. My understanding was all B1’s & B2’s had one whereas B3 onwards didn’t but I may be wrong.

I think I have a spare luggage rack if your interested but I can imagine it will be expensive to post. Let me know if interested and I will get a price.

Cheers

KK

Bevan
    Participant

KK, she has arrived and looks pretty original. Even the clutch and brake lever have the crappy old laquer still on that has aged to yellow. Needs a little TLC and a good once over but hopefully have her on the road soon. Do need some consumables but can’t get the “Shop” drop down to work for me. Will try to work out how to add photos. Would like to see a photo of the luggage rack you have – if you could email me a photo and what you would like to get for it, that would be great thanks.

I have the Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd’s, “Kawasaki Model Recognition 1963-1981” second revision Jan 6 1982 and fourth edition Jun 17 1993, which shows model profiles and specs for every model by year. It doesn’t differentiate for each market however. Photo of the 1976 B1 has short rear guard and no seat strap, ditto for 1977 B2. The 1978 B3 photo has longer rear guard and seat strap, the 1979 B4 photo reverts back to short rear guard and no seat strap. I am pretty sure that most of Kawasaki’s 70’s road bikes had short guards and no seat strap for the USA market but longer rear guards and seat straps for UK/Europe. Cheers Bevan

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Just above the reply tool bar on the left hand side should be a blue icon saying ‘Add Media. She sounds totally unmolested, I can’t wait to see her Bevan.

Regarding parts for some reason unknown the shop isn’t working at the moment. I am looking into this. In the mean time any parts you need i can still supply. Either send me a list or you can visit Z-power. That is where i get my stuff from at trade then sell on cheaper than their prices.

Cheers

KK

Bevan
    Participant

KK, I have worked my way from fuel tank (in surprisingly good condition inside but will clean and seal anyway), petcock (need O ring and packing washer), to carbs and found needle settings different for each carb and neither near standard (no.4 groove). Slotted heads of the main jets and pilot jets are a bit mangled so looking to replace these – do you have the Mikuni part numbers for these and know best place for me to get genuine replacements? They are particularly small diameter jets which is probably why the slotted heads have been mangled. Hope you have a great Christmas break, Cheers Bevan.

Bevan
    Participant

KK, gotcha on the Add Media, I think it has worked. I have sourced from Z-power before but now tend to use Partzilla out of the USA as freight from UK/Europe to NZ seems to take months at the moment. Will start working my way through the check list on the KZ and see what else I’m likely to need. Cheers Bevan

Mungo6
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy front brake pads for my 1978 b3

thanks

Tony

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I can supply you with front pads. PM sent

KK

Mungo6
    Participant

Hello Kaptain,

Thanks for this how do we go about it?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sorry Mungo6 I sent a PM but it seems to have disappeared.

I have sent you another one so fingers crossed.

KK

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Forgot to say yesterday pads are posted mate.

KK

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this