Preparing for a better looking Twin

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Progress Reports Preparing for a better looking Twin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

Today I was supposed to be out with family, but plans changed so I found myself with time on my hands to do something. I decided to clean up the alloy wheels I had from the bike KK recently done a deal for, so here’s some pics.

Rear wheel before
    IMAG0277.jpg

After cleaning a bit
    IMAG0278.jpg

And the front wheel after a bit of work..
    IMAG0279.jpg

I have to change the tyres and bearings before fitting the wheels, but it has moved on a little now.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Dougyt,

that looks much better now 🙂
    “Star” design 🙂
    Having new bearings and sealing rings is always a good idea !
    It is a pleasure to see, hear and feel how smooth the wheels can roll.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Good start Dougyt. I can get bearings cheap up here if you have trouble. £2.50 each (£5 a wheel) if you struggle now keep up the hard work pal.

Tango
    Participant

I have the Star wheels on mine,and I was wondering about bearings? I know that the original B1 has spoked wheels. So will I have to find out what the wheels that are on my bike came off so I can order bearings to fit,or are all Kawasaki bearings the same?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I believe Dougyt’s are genuine Kawasaki wheels and yours too buddy. Check the castings and they will have Kawasaki cast on them. I think the bearings are the same. Will check that out later as I have some if needs be 😀

scruffystuff
    Participant

Probably grow on bushes in Belgium under the sprocket trees…

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Have you been before then Scruffystuff?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this