Season start !

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Season start !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins !

This weekend I’ve prepared two LTD-Twins to start this years bike season.

Filled up air into the tires, charged the batteries and drained the old petrol from the carb bowls. Let some fuel run into it via PRI position.

Both bikes started without any issues and are ready to run 😉

But the weather wasn’t our friend !
    It was just +3°C, which was to cold to ride, brrr.
    In the afternoon we had sun (when the picture was made) but still cold and we had the opening of the BBQ season as well:

Have fun !
    Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Excellent. Great news for the bikes too.

I took my CSR for MOT on Saturday. She passed!!! I have a fuelling problem I need to address though. She ran hot and spluttered a bit under load. Ran better on prime. I need to strip and clean the fuel system then I’m ready for the ACE Cafe run next month.

Was also my first ride since my opp. Only bout 10 miles in all but everything is improved and feels fine so I’m feeling optimistic for a good year.

AtLarge
    Participant

Same here too. 28°C yesterday but no time for play. Great to see it is finally here though. 🙂

lonesome
    Participant

Been out on mine for um.. 73 miles now. Just like old times, humming along in the traffic without a care in the world, then a cylinder cuts out. Hold the throttle against the stop to stay with the traffic and at the very least convenient moment the wandering cylinder will chime back in, catapulting you toward the car in front. Happy days, I’ve missed them 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

set of wusses,i ride all year round

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Not on one of these bikes you don’t. I have mine for pleasure these days not endurance

philpassingham
    Participant

fairweather biker you,mine went all year round

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yep. And proud of it!

Actually that’s not quite right. If I’ve arranged to do something I do it come rain or shine. I just don’t put myself through it 24/7 like I use too. Bad weather is dealable with but I only do it under the right circumstances now

lonesome
    Participant

When I rode my pushbike 5 miles to the jobcentre against an east wind in driving rain, I thought to myself ‘I don’t need this #OOPS#’. These days I don’t look for opportunities to be a masochist.

lonesome
    Participant

Shit my arse!!! 😀 lol even a capital letter throws it. Worth bearing in mind 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this