Single carb conversion

Home Forums The Trading Post Single carb conversion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lonesome
    Participant

It’s something I’ve always wanted to try, and it seems like these guys can make it happen. For a price. I’ve messaged them anyhow. Anyone else know a manifold supplier?
    11th Hour Industries

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Errrrrrrrrrrr

Webber or SU style?

lonesome
    Participant

Unbolting one and reinstalling the other style 😛

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have a sneaky feeling it won’t be quite that simple ha ha.

I have manifolds for both types and am SU carb. Never fitted them but will probably get around to it one day.

smiddl
    Participant

Mine had it done before I bought it , has a mikuni carb

Smiddl

smiddl
    Participant

another picture

Furiousjammin
    Participant

That looks very nicely done smiddl. Can i ask what may be a stupid question?

What are the benefits of a single carb? (Apart from it looking sexy as hell)

smiddl
    Participant

I suppose no balance issues and the standard carbs have a tendency to split the diaphragms which can be expensive .Mikuni is quite a straightforward reliable carb and plenty of cheap available spares .No real performance gain but as you say looks pretty good

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

As smiddl says no balancing is the main advantage but also settings are guaranteed to be identical. There are various ways I’ve seen this done but not seen the Mikuni done before. What size and model is it?

The B and G models all use 38mm carbs whereas the others use 34mm carbs. Don’t get confused thinking a single carb needs to have double capability as they are used alternatively as each piston rises on it’s compression stroke. A single carb of the same capacity will do this it just does it twice as often.

KK

lonesome
    Participant

Nice one. Can I ask where you got the conversion? Sorry for the late reply.

Alfredo Latimer
    Participant

Hi smiddl. This is a year and a half later, but I just saw your post. Can you give any info or where is it available? Thanks for your time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this