time to do this now!

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects time to do this now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    kaye
    Participant

Well i’m cracking on with this now since my Belt drive has sadly gone!!
    it least this is already far from standard i can do what i like to it….hmm

ps KK MY SHOPPING LIST LOL

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You go girl!

It does look like a bit of a challenge but the main is there. What you haven’t got I probably have somewhere and stop nagging!!! lol

I’ve been busy this weekend. Will get onto it this week.

kaye
    Participant

Yeah yeah….got a back master cylinder and switches as ya know, exhaust sorted both on one side! so there off my list……and i aint nagging, just giving you a nudge ha 🙄

kaye
    Participant

Exhausts something like sorted and frame pretty much done…happy days!!…paint done by me 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I like the look of that. Nice snug fit. Bet it sounds awesome.

How’s the rest of it coming on? MOT booked yet?

kaye
    Participant

Lol not quite ready for mot but hopefully in the not to distant future 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Lol.

Being honest it is not the way I want to see a B1 but as I know the way the frame was already modified when you picked it up I think you are doing it proud. It will be a great slant on what can be done. Look at this for inspiration 750 twin bobber

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,
    I like the two mufflers on one side.
    How did you route the downtubes to achieve that ?
    Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

Hi Michael, the exhaust was a MAC 2 into 1
    but i chopped off the muffler and got two kick up’s for a t100 triumph then put my silencers on them , when i get time i’ll put some pics up 🙂 T he front end is XS1100, tank is modified stock, back wheel z1000 and is caliper gs750, back mudguard Harley sportster not finished that yet! seat is waiting for springs…….oh yeah i cheated on the engine, i sprayed that with some engine paint from work! it will all come together when the side panels are made to flow with the tank!!

Tank Colour is Juiced Green Metallic Pearl with 5 coats of Lacquer…..so far!

Ahh pics: i know it looks like in going backwards on this but i’m not!
    This is the final build now so should not be too long, i’ll take some more pics when i go down the workshop again….

Above all i’m blessed to have the use of the workshop and have so much room, and a very nice man who is a top welder
    !!

PS Painted by ME 🙄

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes indeedy!!!

That is looking very smart. How long before she/he gets fired up?

kaye
    Participant

Good Question, i just try and do stuff as and when i can but i’m going to try for July poss august, but we will see.

pic of the poor man on the floor is my friendly welder PJ, who made me a nice new rear brake spindle since the was cut off at some point, bless him….and its his workshop..

AERIAL0
    Participant

All looking good. Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
    Need to get some motivation to finish mine.

kaye
    Participant

Thanks Aerialo, A bit more done, been on with the seat springs today and also chopped of the back mudguard to something like where i want it…..the finished seat pan is actually going to made from 4mm steel! that’s what happens when i get my welder/ fabricator man on the job for me, he likes to use hefty stuff ha ha his job is a marine engineer and classic car restorer 🙂 other pic is the triumph t100 exhaust kick ups that i put on the chopped odd 2 into 1 and the megaphones slide over them

kaye
    Participant

Thought i better do an update just to say i’m still slowly moving on, had to make a new rear brake lever spigot, and a bracket to hold the master cylinder on i nearly finished the seat, and as ya can see changed the rear mudguard, that one is from a Honda and of course will be sprayed green.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Good progress there Kaye. Quite a few of the niggley bits done. Hopefully it will be more straight forward now and we will soon hear her roar into life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this