welcome cafedallas

Home Forums General Everything Else welcome cafedallas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    whipkwakaway
    Participant

HIYA

whipkwakaway
    Participant

greetings and welcome indeed …
    any friend of JR is a friend of ours !!
    lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the welcome. Damn, I havent heard ole JR evoked since I lived in Germany in the 80s lol. “…you know JR?”

Anyway, i’ve been lurking here and the other Kaw twin sites. Lots of great info. I’m in the process of caffeinating a 78 kz750 b3. Bought as a basket case for $200. Slowly it is now taking shape.

I am currently computer challenged as my home unit fried. I’m at work now. When I get a new computer (week or so) I’ll post some pics.

For now I’ll describe what I’m doing. Hope I dont offend the purists.

Clubman bars, cafe guages, all painted objects grinded down to metal and laquered, tank sanded down to metal and laquered. Hand made seat/rear hump. The rear is made from the rear part of a b3 tank. It too is sanded down to metal and laquered to match tank. Polished engine. New mac megaphones made specifically for this bike. What a find on ebay! Also like new chrome headlight. Also, going to run velocity stacks which I also stole off ebay.

All the electrics will be stored in the rear hump leaving the middle section open except for the battery. The side covers on the twin are arguably extremely homely.
    The battery box is also ground down to metal and laquered.

I decided not to chop the frame so I can gracefully go back to semi stock. I have a tank and rear duck bill from a b1 (dark red w/ a nice patina) and a stock seat in nice shape.

I’ll get back with some pics in a week or so.

Dave

philpassingham
    Participant

sounds good young fella,waiting for the photos. 😀

dougyt
    Participant

Thanks for dropping in Dave, project sounds like a good one. Like Phil says can’t wait to see the pics.

Laudanum
    Participant

You’ll do for me sir, the seat hump rear tank section idea sounds lovely, are you going to split and narrow it?
    And homely side panels is an understatement, i think they were are and always will be bloody awful. They let the whole bike down, its the odd not quite flat line they have at the bottom, z thou ones look quite nice if you dont mind moving the mounting lugs, looks more like a zed thou than a zed thou does.

Anonymous
    Inactive

At the moment I’m not going to trim the hump or pan but always have the option later if I want a leaner look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this