Where is Cardiff

Home Forums General Everything Else Where is Cardiff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ron750M1
    Participant

And while I’m on my confusion w/Britan. Why is King John (Lackland), such a historical “persona non grata”? So much so, that there has never been another John, in the “ruling family”. He’s the guy that signed the Magna Carta, which is the basis for limiting the Kings power and setting up the Houses of Lords & Commons as well as the grandad of the US Constitution. Seems to me, he should be a “National Hero”.

Like I said above, I’m a bit in my cups and ramblin’. Not quite sure how this relates to Dr. Who????

whipkwakaway
    Participant

in reply to your first question sir ,
    cardiff is the capital city of wales …
    sadly they are all interbred and insist on speaking in a rediculous accent .
    and whilst they are the world champion sheep shaggers they still insist on keeping a long since useless language alive !

dougyt
    Participant

Well according to Torchwood, Cardiff is the site of a rift in time and space.

Ron750M1
    Participant

Thanks for the replies and comments. I now know where Cardiff is and at 2 least peoples reason for the good Dr’s repeated visits. 😀
    Although I did figure there would be a couple of replies to WhipKwak’s characterizations of Welshmen.

whipkwakaway
    Participant

but ron …
    i was only telling the truth 😀

speedy
    Participant

BBAAARRRRRR

Ron750M1
    Participant

whipkwakaway Posted
    “but ron …i was only telling the truth”

Well, since silence can be taken as ascent, I guess you ARE correct, sir.:-D

BTW, Does anyone know if Jones is a Welsh sirname? Years ago someone told me that “Jones” was the Welsh word for “Smith” as in blacksmith, silversmith, tinsmith…etc

dougyt
    Participant

Jones is a welsh surname and it’s as common there as Smith is elsewhere as far as I know. As for Jones being Welsh for Smith I couldn’t say.
    BTW Whipkwakaway seems to know an awful lot about what people do with sheep. Could be a case of pots and kettles 😆

kwakanaka
    Participant

I also thought we would get a good response from our welsh members, but then again it is lambing season and an awful lot of virgins to get through 😀

Ron750M1
    Participant

and why does British SciFi center around it? Is it like our (US) area 51? A center of, suppose, UFO activity.
    Forgive me, but it’s late, I’ve been drinkin’ me grog and Torchwood (Dr.Who spinoff) is on.

Ron750M1
    Participant

Thanks for the info on my last name, Doug. A conformation on my dad’s side, German and Irish on mom’s.

Kwakanaka… 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this