Wire spoked wheel wanted- any condition

Home Forums The Trading Post Bike Related Sales and Wants Wire spoked wheel wanted- any condition

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

I’ve now had to admit defeat with the front wheel that came with my ’76 KZ. The spindle is resisting ALL efforts to remove it ! Heat, vice, GBFO spanners ……………………
    So – anyone got a useable front wheel ? Not bothered about condition of chrome – as the wheel will be shotblasted and powder coated along with the rear.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I should have a spare front. Will check when I get in

beachcomber
    Participant

You’re a star, many thanx

AERIAL0
    Participant

Had the same problem re spindle. Managed to get one from Phil. Feel that he may have another? Have left the wheel soaking in oil to try and release and to date no joy.
    Feel the grinder coming on.

beachcomber
    Participant

Is your wheel the same as the one pictured ?

I was told it wasn’t the correct one for my bike [ 19976/77 ] ??????

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have a spare wheel for the 750 twin. It is from the CSR (M) model and the same as the B1 and B2.

It is different to the one in the picture. As you were previously advised the disc mount is 4 stud not 6. You will also need a disc either from a B model or M model. I have M model discs spare. What is the diameter of the 6 hole disc you have?

You might also need a caliper too but I have both types

beachcomber
    Participant

Many thanx for that.

Seems like I will need the complete set up – wheel, disc and possibly caliper.

I’ll check the diameter tomorrow [ dog at vets today ]and let you know.

My pal is having one more go at removing the spindle from the wheel I have.

thanx again.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have CSR forks too if needed

beachcomber
    Participant

HI KK,

can’t see how to PM you.

I could do with price for the wheel and disc. And also for the complete set up including forks.

My pal is having one more go at removing the spindle from my wheel. He’s taking it in to his mate’s workshop at the weekend.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sending PM’s to admin does seem to be a problem. I will PM you and you can reply to that.

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx to all for your feedback and especially to KK for the generous offer ……………………..however, the spindle is now out !!!!!!!!!

Wheels off to be blasted / powder coated later this week.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this