Wiring….

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

I would guess it’s going to the Starter solenoid to power that up. There isn’t enough info on that diagram to see where the wire comes from at the other side of the switch.
    It looks as if the top part of the switch is the lights, the next part is the engine kill, and the bottom part a feed from the ignition, through the switch to the starter solenoid. But that’s all just a guess without the rest of the diagram.
    I’m looking to see what I can find but my own manual doesn’t cover the later models.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dougy and thanks for your reply. Yes the wire at the bars heads off to the starter solenoid, you’re dead right. It was the other end of the wire (actually red and yellow) where I’ve circled it in red I’m wondering about? Can’t make out where around the coil/cdi it joins – it’s a positive feed I think.
    Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all. First post here. I’m working on a 1982 z750 twin and trying to rewire it. I gave a wiring diagram but it’s such poor quality that it’s not of much use…. can anyone shed some light and tell me where this feed from the starter switch is going when it gets near the cdi unit??? I can’t tell if it unites with either the positive or negative wire to coil?? And there doesn’t seem to be the round dot which represents a meeting point… IMAGE HERE

dougyt
    Participant

As it’s the feed for the switch I would say you’re right it would be coming from a live feed which is live when the ignition is switched on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this