DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN’S RIDE

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN’S RIDE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    lonesome
    Participant

Totally excellent old chaps. Inspired me to fish out this link. I think Sir will appreciate.

What-ho chaps

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is spot on old bean

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome,

perfectly catching the atmosphere at the DGR πŸ˜‰

Was really fun and thanks to the help of my friends I have exceeded my personal donation goal of 97€ by 13€.

110€ on my donation account by now:
    https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/michaelz750twin

Hope these donations help us men anyway and the medical scientists to find methods to recognise and cure prostata cancer in the best possible way!

Guys, go and have a medical examination that everything is ok, which would be the best diagnosis at all !

Much better to donate money for a good purpose now, than to get a bad diagnosis and bad expectations for a healthy future.

Amen.

DGR = Much fun with serious background, not to bad, as we really had much fun !

Cheers, Michael

AtLarge
    Participant

That video was a laugh.

Hope everyone got their essay done for their recommendations to the Code of Honor posted in time.

Good luck to all on the drawings and to the foundation on a cure.

Michael
    Participant

Hi AtLarge,

is there a DGR in the US as well ?
    You may organize it for Iowa πŸ˜‰

The guys from DGR organisation commitee are very helpful with that.

Pardon, not my intention to force you to do anything, just an idea to spread the message and have some fun πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

There is already a DGR ride in Iowa Michael. AtLarge did the ride. His pics are on page 2 of this thread

Cheers

KK

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I believe I have now finished collecting all my donations in.

I am very proud to announce I finished in 5th place for donations in the Manchester ride. If everyone who promised to sponsor my ride had come forward I would have maybe finished in 3rd spot. Sadly this is the nature of this kind of event but not to worry.

A massive Thank You goes out to everyone who supported me in this event.

My respect also goes out to those members of this quiet community who took part in their own areas. Duffy on the Southampton ride, Tango (and his wife on her own bike) on the Manchester ride with me, AtLarge on the Iowa ride and finally Michael on the Munich KΓΆnigsplatz ride.

I will be doing this again next year, possibly on a different ride. Hopefully some more of you will join in?

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,
    thank you for the hint.
    I didn’t see that before, no idea why ?
    After some time of waiting, large pics showed up, the formatting of the forum page was triple the width it typically has.
    After all the large pics where loaded, it was reduced to small size and I can click on them.

Hi AtLarge,
    please treat my comment as useless.
    Sorry for that !
    Good to see that you have the DGR in Iowa and that you have attended.
    Nice pics, thank you.

Guys,
    brilliant fund raising !
    I’ve achieved 110,- Euros πŸ˜‰
    All together for a good purpose.

Cheers, Michael

AtLarge
    Participant

No harm, no foul Michael. πŸ˜‰

I would say everyone did exceptionally well for funds raised and more importantly, returned safe.

Saw this on another forum I frequent and thought you might find it interesting too. The video was taken the day of the DGR in Washington DC.

http://gfycat.com/SpottedPerfumedAfricanwilddog#?speed=0.125

A six pointer and the biker was able to finish the ride after fixing his clutch lever.

Michael
    Participant

Wow, that’s a bad situation !
    Good to know nothing really bad happened.

Here is the video of the start of the Munich DGR 2015:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpAzgCkQrOA

At 2:06 you can see me πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Michael

Duffy
    Participant

Spotted you!!! Your video was pretty spectacular Michael. There were sixty five bikes on the ride I did in Southampton, I think there was more than that in the first 30 seconds of your video!

As a town we raised a respectable Β£7065. My brother came as pillion and hands up but I rode a modern bonneville as the brakes on the Kwak need sorting. The rural part of the ride was brilliant but like kk spoke about on his ride once we hit town on ours it was stop start and fighting for road space with buses etc. I haven’t been able to add pictures. Since updating my I phone I can’t seem to reduce the JPEG size and they won’t upload. (Any tips welcome) amazing amounts of money raised for the good cause

Duffy

Michael
    Participant

Here some more pics, taken by Pia.
    Meanwhile she is part of our Caferacer Workshop Group πŸ˜‰
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1632651227009172.1073741861.1391927471081550&type=3

… and some more pics taken by Thomas.
    We met him first time at the DGR and is now also part of our Caferacer Workshop Group πŸ˜‰
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102896221692692190406/DGR_Munich_2015_ThomasLiepert

We meet on a more or less regular basis every Friday evening.
    That is much fun !

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi gals and boyz,

found a new (unknown to me til now ;-)) video of the DGR in Munich, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PntJ3BrMSE0

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

AtLarge
    Participant

Good clip. What a gorgeous day it was around the world. πŸ™‚

AtLarge
    Participant

Just got the forecast for my area. 70 degrees and clear on the 25th. Keeping eyes and fingers crossed. How about yours?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this