2014 750 Twin 2nd International meet

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets 2014 750 Twin 2nd International meet

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

just to let you know:
    I received the message that we can’t have the site in Weiswampach during nominated weekend. They offered to swap the date to Pentecost, which I denied !

I am absolute confident to find a suitable camping site in that area at the right date and that is accessable according to your current travel plans 😉

Will keep you updated !

Don’t worry, we will have the meeting !!!

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Ha Ha … Ooh It just makes it an even bigger Adventure!

I’m not worried I’m sure every thing will be fine!

Looking Forward to it! :pint: :pint:

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well that is a little disappointing but certainly not negative. Our plans aren’t yet set in stone but we would like to keep somewhere near them in principle.

Michael I have no doubt you will come up with something similar and I will adjust and post as soon as I know what is happening. As you can see from Tango’s reply there will be at least 2 of us in Europe for the dates quoted. I am also sure that the other members who have said they are coming will also be there. Things will not changed much if at all at our end. We just want to know that you will be there as well.

Michael
    Participant

There will be at least 20 Z750Twins from Germany, confirmed 😉
    Another up to 20 Twins to arrive without prior confirmation ;-)))

That is my yearly adventure !

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

20!! WOW

That will make a photograph for my wall. 😀

Let hope for some good weather to Top it off :pint: :pint:

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well with the UK twins coming we should hit 30 maybe even 40. Now that will be a great picture especially with both flags flying

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well guys just to keep you updated with our trip. We have struggled to find a place in Luxembourg that can accommodate us on the dates we have picked. We have however managed to make contact with Pont de Deulin in Belgium which those of you who went in 2006 should remember.

I am talking with Michael to make the arrangements and hopefully we will have the full picture soon.

WATCH THIS SPACE . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Right guys we’ve made some more progress. We are now in the process of arranging to book to go to Pont de Deulin which is where we had the 1st International meeting. We are going to hire a field at the campsite for our exclusive use. We can also have a bonfire there which is a must for our German brothers with their barbeque griddle . The 😀 . Also we will have some music and are hoping to have a party tent in case the weather isn’t favourable.

Travel arrangements will stay the same except Pont deDeulin is 50km (half hour) closer for us from the UK so even less of an excuse to not go.

Costs are very reasonable. We have negotiated a total cost of 1000 euro’s for the field for 3 night. That is 500 Euro’s per night with Sunday night for free.

Definate attendee’s number 25 so far. That works out at 40 Euro’s per head. The more people that come the lower the cost will be. If we make 40 which we believe we can then the cost would be 25 Euro’s which for what we are getting is an absolute bargain IMHO.

If you have an issue shout up. If you want to bring a friend that is fine whether they ride a 750 twin or not. The more the merrier and cheaper the cost.

I will be looking to book the ferries by the end of this month (Feb). Please make sure you have your money ready.

Once the booking is fully confirmed I will start a fresh thread as I did for Luxembourg dedicated to this trip but locked.

Cheers

KK

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

With Thanks to Michael here is a picture of the camp with our area (up to 75) in the blue triangle. To those who went in 2006 it is the field where we had the camp fire

Tango
    Participant

WooHoo My Pennies are ready!

Can We Go Yet!? 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Right boys we are moving again.

We have had confirmation from Pont de Deulin of our booking so WE ARE OFF TO BELGIUM again in June.

The dates, ferry travel etc are all as before. Pont de Deulin is several kilometres nearer to the UK than the Luxembourg site that so hopefully one or two more members may wish to join in.

The Luxembourg thread is now officially closed. I will start a fresh thread for Belgium in the same manner so that will mean No chit chat on that thread just pure facts.

Come on everyone make the effort!!!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well guys time is going by. We need to book the ferry soon so we don’t miss out on our crossing date. I would like to collect your monies within the next couple of weeks or so to make a block booking and hopefully get a group discount.

All those who are sailing from Hull I need £217 asap. If you wish to sail from Harwich let me know.

Remember it is your responsibility to make sure I include you and not my responsibility to make sure you are included. PM me for payment details

Cheers

Michael
    Participant

Is that called something like using a “whip” ?

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yes Michael a whip it is. If I get no response I will be looking at bombs 🙂

Tango
    Participant

Ok When I click on your name to PM you KK M details come up?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this