2014 750 Twin 2nd International meet

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets 2014 750 Twin 2nd International meet

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

What is M details?

Tango
    Participant

Sorry My Details?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

No probs mate. You must be clicking on your own name. Click on mine

Michael
    Participant

Sorry, have to confirm that same symptom with me, but that is existing since months and I didn’t report that.
    Sending my PMs always means to respond to an existing PM and to reply to it. That is working fine 🙂
    Cheers,
    Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is interesting guys. Thank You. If I click on someone’s name I get their profile and the option to send them a PM. I will look into it.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

OK. Well it is a strange one. Dougyt has sent me a pm and I can send him one. I do not know why it does that. To send me a PM click on your inbox then send message and select my name from the list. In the meantime we will investigate this.

Cheers Guys

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

I have done exactly what you have described but my profile appears.

For a very short period of time a message appears, same place and style if a post is posted successfully.
    This says: “Sorry, you don’t have permission to access ..”

Attached a screenshot of that:

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

OK thank you for the information again Michael. It is more serious than originally thought.

I will PM the guys that I believe are coming or interested. That way you can reply to my PM.

Will get Dougyt on the case

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Last call for your ferry money guys. I am booking by this weekend so if you ain’t paid you will have to make your own arrangements

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well you only have a couple more days if you want to book and come with us as I am booking the ferry in the coming week. After that you will have to sort yourselves out and hopefully all will fit in.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

LAST CALL

Has everyone paid who is coming? Booking will be no later than this weekend. I have 5 paid. Is that it?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Over the next few weeks I will be looking at what we need to carry with us when riding abroad in the mentioned Countries. There are a few things to take (tools, spares etc) that we do not need to all carry eg how many plug spanners do we need?.

I will post stuff on here. If you know of anything specific or tips to get round issues please post here then we can sort out and carry only what is necessary.

Tango
    Participant

I have puncture repairs covered! Tube and Tubeless
    I’ve got a Universal Cable kit that will cover most Throttle cables, But we need to know what we need 750 Twin Specific and for what model? ie: im B1 so need a set of Points and a Condenser!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have been looking at driving abroad in the 4 countries we will be visiting. I have taken extracts from the RAC website and doctored them to apply to motorcycles. I am going to post these up but as they are dated 2013 I would appreciate comments from anyone, especially those who ride/have ridden in these countries. Once we are happy we have everything I will produce a list that covers everything.

Comments please

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Driving in Netherlands
    If you’re driving in the Netherlands your checklist requirements are:
    • A valid UK driving licence – both the photo and paper parts
    • A GB sticker on the back of your car – unless your car has ‘Euro-plates’ (number-plates that show a circle of 12 stars on a blue background)
    • Your motor insurance certificate and V5 registration document or hire car paperwork
    • A warning triangle – if you break down, put it 30m away from your car
    • Headlamp converters (stickers you put on your headlights when you’re driving on the right, so your lights don’t dazzle motorists coming the other way)
    You must also:
    • Be 18 or over
    • Wear a crash helmet if you’re riding a motorcycle
    It’s a good idea to have:
    • Spare bulbs for your car’s external lights
    • A first aid kit
    • A Green Card – it’s a useful back-up to your motor insurance documents and shows you’ve got the minimum legal level of cover. If you’d like to find out more, contact your insurance company
    Other things you should know:
    • You don’t have to pay motorway tolls when driving through the Netherlands
    • Petrol, diesel and LPG are readily available, along with Super (98 Octane) which contains a lead replacement additive
    • Speed limits vary across the Netherlands, so check the signposts for maximum speeds
    • If you’re caught committing a motoring offence you’ll be given an on-the-spot fine
    • It’s illegal to carry or use any radar detection equipment
    • The drink driving limit is 50mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood for most drivers (less than the UK limit of 80mg per 100ml). If you’ve been driving less than five years, the limit is 20mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood – it’s the same for moped riders up to the age of 24
    • Trams have priority
    • Be careful using roundabouts – on some, you have right of way when you’re on the roundabout, on others, you have right of way coming onto it
    • Cycles and mopeds have right of way over cars. Watch out for cycle lanes – mopeds aren’t supposed to use them but often do
    • If you’re in a built-up area, you can only use your horn in cases of extreme danger. Flash your lights instead at night
    • At junctions, you have right of way where there’s a yellow and white diamond-shaped sign – and you have to give way where there’s a row of white triangular signs on the road
    • Don’t cross a solid white line, even if you’re turning off a road

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this