B1 regulator rectifier

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Lonesome memories B1 regulator rectifier

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leejohn
    Participant

Hi. Need some help with my replacement regulator rectifier. Need a new one and all on eBay are 1 phase.

mine has the seven wires but no markings to order another. Went to m&p and they sent me single phase which is no good. They can help but asked if I can get some numbers off another.

Anyone have the upgrade with seven wires with any model number on it?

Thanks.

Lee.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Is this what you are after?

Buy Regulator/Rectifier

leejohn
    Participant

Hi Andy. Went to m&p and they sent wrong one.

looks like that one would do but do you have any lettering or markings on it. They said they need something to go on.

they said the one they sent me is what they have to fit mine. It’s 1 phase so no good.

Thanks.

Lee.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I rang M&P and convinced them that what they were offering was incorrect. They put me onto their supplier ELECTREX WORLD who I also have rung. Unfortunately they only have skeleton staff at the moment and I have not yet been successful in ringing when there is someone who can give me technical help. I will keep trying mate

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have finally manged to make contact with Electrex world.

The regulator you require is their RR33 Regulator/Rectifier. You will probably notice the combined unit has 7 wires whereas the original units only had 6 wires. Also the plug configurations are different. None of this matters technically but you will need to modify as follows.

The original Rectifier has 3 yellow wires, one for each phase. These need to be connected to the 3 white wires from the combined unit. There is no specific order.

The Green, Brown and Black wires on the combined unit connect to the Green, Brown and Black wires where the Original regulator plugged into the main wiring Harness.

You will now be left with a single Red wire, the extra 7th wire. This needs to be connected to the Battery Positive either directly or into a positive line in the main wiring harness.

In summary the 3 white wires are for the 3 phases of charging. The Green and Brown wires are for the Field Coil and the Black and Red wires are for the Battery.

KK

leejohn
    Participant

Hi KK

Thanks for the wiring details. Still gonna need a new unit so it’s very much appreciated.

Thanks

Lee.

leejohn
    Participant

leejohn
    Participant

Hi chaps. Was having trouble with regulator I thought.

turned out to be condensor. I would set off and bike ran fine and after a wile it would start miss firing. Thought at first it was coils when they got hot, an old common problem on lots of jap bikes. I had changed condenser twice with new so never suspected. And strangely the condensor tested fine on bench. Anyway as it’s hard to get good condensor I thought of the usual electronic ignition but they can be a lot of money. After searching I found gammatronix web site. They do a electronic replacement for just the condensor and it still uses the points. I have installed and it purrs. I have had it running in the garage with the lights out and not a single sparks from the points.

much  cheaper than full system and they quote, you should never need to replace points again apart from ware from cam.

i bought for four cylinder as it works out cheaper than buying for twin, then you have a spare.

hope this is of help.

Thanks.

lee

leejohn
    Participant

Hi Andy.

Thanks but it wasnt the regulator in the end. It was the capicitor. It gave some funny running issues. I didnt think it would be that as it tested fine on the bench. Just goes to show, change it any way.

Thought you guys might be inerested:

I didnt change the capacitor as it’s hard to get good ones these days

Went for this and it runs a treat and you never get arching I’m told

https://gammatronixltd.com/epages/bae94c71-c5b6-4572-89a1-e89006e78fbe.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/bae94c71-c5b6-4572-89a1-e89006e78fbe/Products/NewTwinC-12VNEG

Twin Cylinder Motorcycle Electronic Ignition System Kit 12v volt NEGATIVE earth

It’s made by gamma tronics and it an electronic condenser.

I bought for 4 cylinder as it works out cheeper for 2 than just one on its own.

anyway hope this helps some of you.

Andy can we arrange for the sale of a starter cog as we spoke about?

Thanks.

lee.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this