Beachcomber’s Flat Tracker project for sale

Home Forums The Trading Post Bike Related Sales and Wants Beachcomber’s Flat Tracker project for sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

Due to life changing circumstances I am having to abandon various car and motorcycle projects.

I am offering them first to forum / club members as the builds have been well documented with pictures.

ALL are to be termed “projects” to be completed. Most parts have been bought new where required or refurbished. ALL will require some smaller parts to complete.
    It would be great to see at least some of them completed before it’s too late. All are unique in their own way and once completed would not be seen as someone else’s makeover.

This is a deeply regrettable situation as these projects have been my ongoing passion for the past 4-5 years. Bikes in general for almost 60 !

Of interest [ or not ! ] here is
    my Kawasaki KZ750 [twin ] Flat Tracker, but as that is almost complete, I’d prefer to sell it as a complete package. Please see my build thread for details / pix.

All will be open to sensible offers – failing that they’ll go on E-Bay [ UK ]. There’s a 9 months + time frame for this – so I won’t be giving the stuff away.

I’ll still be around the forum for the foreseeable and thank you all for making my time here a pleasure.

philpassingham
    Participant

Shame you got to sell,hope it’s not too serious,take care sir

beachcomber
    Participant

Phil,

thanx for the kind words.

The short answer is – it could be !!!

I have to wait for the 6 month assessment [ June ] to see if the decline of kidney function has been halted ….. I’ll start worrying [ or not ] then !

lonesome
    Participant

Shit mate, gutted for you. Always looked forward to your updates, and I hope that you can get to enjoy a recovery while someone else picks up your baton 🙁

philpassingham
    Participant

Fingers crossed all is well mate

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is indeed sad news Beachcomber. I wish I was in a position to buy your project as you have done some great things.

I wish you all the best with your health buddy. Make sure you keep in touch

beachcomber
    Participant

KK,

yes it’s been a pleasure to be around here, and YES, I am seriously gutted that I cannot complete the project.

However, I will still be on the forum bugging you all as I don’t need kidneys to use a keyboard !!!

beachcomber
    Participant

Update.

I have sold my TR1 Cafe Racer project and quite a few odds ‘n sods.

I decided it’s best to sell one project at a time, as it took me a whole day to find the bits for the TR1 before the buyer came to collect!

So, the plan is to do just that – gather all the Flat Tracker parts up together then both buyer and seller knows what’s there !

I’ll be doing that over the next 2 weeks or so and again will give forum members first dibs before E-Bay / whatever.

On the health front – diagnosis confirmed as stage 3 CKD [ chronic kidney disease ] – however, the good [?] news is that there are 5 stages before things get desperate [ dialysis, etc. ]and for the past 3 months I’ve stabilised at stage 3 ]

Biggie assessment in June / July to see how we’re going.

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Wishing you all the best with your health.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this