Flat Tracker project

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Flat Tracker project

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

Hi guys, just found you courtesy of the Kawasaki Twin Owners forum.

I bought a wreck of a bike [ but complete ]12 months ago, as I decided I wanted one more twin in my life and as I’m already building a 60’s style Cafe Racer [ TR1 ] and a Beemer Streetfighter [ K100 ]decided that a Flat Tracker was the way to go.

As bought ………..

Michael
    Participant

uhuuhuuh !!!

That will be a lot of work 😉

Enjoy,
    Michael

Edmund
    Participant

It certainly has the distressed look 8-), good luck it will keep you busy.

beachcomber
    Participant

Yes that’s what I thought when I saw it – for the first time [ bought sight unseen ! ]

However, it was very cheap [ £120 ] and despite the looks, the mechanical parts were all in good condition and the engine had an overhaul 500 miles before it was abandoned.

Rather than take up space here, I’ll log progress over in the relevant thread ……….

2 hours after the first pic – just getting an idea on the direction of the build.

beachcomber
    Participant

Wow,

lots of side issues since my last post – ill health, dog’s ill health [ cancer – now sorted ], passing of close family member, loss of phone line and finally major computer virus !!

Howeevr, work has been continuing – if a little slowly. Frame is now rebuilt with new top rails and cut ‘n shut ready for blasting and painting. Wheels are almost [ ! ] prepped ready for blasting and powder coating. Came to the swingarm – and it’s in a bad state [ rustwise ] and probably beyond salvation. Any alternates ?

philpassingham
    Participant

got a spare if needed sir

Michael
    Participant

can offer a B1 swing arm as well 🙂
    Das ist die mit Lagerbuchsen und Schmiernippel, keine Nadellager.
    Not in good condition, but can be refurbished 🙂

beachcomber
    Participant

Michael / Phil,

many thanx gents.

Phil,please send me details. Michael – thanx but I fear the carriage would make a deal out of the question.

I have the PC doctor coming today, and hopefully he can restore my main PC – and more important, retrieve the 1000’s of photos and documents – then we start again !

After all the foregoing doom and gloom from last year / this year [ so far !! ]things were finally moving along with my bike projects all THREE ].

Hopefully the wheels will be off for blasting and P/C next week.

I have a pal who has said he will make up the Weber intake [ 40DCOE ]. I already have the flanges. The final expensive bit will be the exhaust. has to be twin high level pipes similar to the BSA Spitfire Scrambler / Honda Trailees [ CS ? ].

philpassingham
    Participant

Are you going to stafford bike show sunday?, could meet n swop

beachcomber
    Participant

Hey Phil.

I’m supposed to be going Saturday !! But another pal of mine wants to go on Sunday – could be both days !!

How much do you want? I’ll have to get some cash out.

Many thanx

TJ

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is one tuff time you’ve had there Beachcomber. Respect for pulling through the way you have. Fingers crossed things run smoother now. We do need some more bike pics though 😀

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx for the kind thoughts ………. the passing of my MIL hit me real hard – not yer average witch of a MIL, but a real friend and only 6 years older than myself [ Mrs. B is a lot younger than me ! ]

After the last year I had including visiting the vets every TWO days to have the dog’s wounds redressed [ 6 months ] – I really did say “why me !!!”

Anyway – all that behind me now and forging forward with my 3 projects – BMW Kay Fighter, Yamaha TR1 Vindicator Cafe Racer and of course the KZ.

Plenty of pix, but on hold for publishing at the moment as I was on Photobucket when the virus struck my PC. Coincidence, when I had a virus 4 years ago – I was also on Photobucket at the time !

Apart from money [ !! ] the only hold ups now are the Weber intake manifold and the high level pipes.

I’m going for a Daylight MOT and I will be fitting Race style number plates side and front. Let’s see what’s at Stafford this weekend !

BTW – having trouble registering with the German site ???????? Is that you Michael ?

Here’s a pic of the modified frame. Instead of a traditional seat “hoop”, I’ll be making a tray [ 3mm steel ] where I’ll mount the electrics / battery and that will also act as an undertray for the XR 750 seat to seal out all the crud.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Beachcomber,

yes it is me, webmaster of http://www.z750twin.de

What is the issue when logging in ?
    You are already registered 🙂

Cheers, Michael

beachcomber
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I’d love to joining my German cousins – as you know [ ? ] I have a place in Saxony [ Reichenau ].

I’ll try again now my PC is fixed [!] and see how I get on.

Thanx for the headsup

TJ

beachcomber
    Participant

Phil – ending up going both days !!

can you let me know how much you want for the s/a please and I can raid my piggy bank.

TJ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this