Flat Tracker project

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Flat Tracker project

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dougyt
    Participant

Took the liberty of downloading your pic from Photobucket and inserting it here as the code wouldn’t work. Also deleted the second attempt to post it. Hope that’s OK

Doug

philpassingham
    Participant

good to meet you today sir,if I was to really need one of those single carb manifolds what would the damage be to my pocket?

beachcomber
    Participant

Hey Phil,

the pleasure was all mine – thanx for putting yourself out.

I’ll dig out pix etc. Don’t know the final cost yet. I had to get 4 carb sets lazer cut [flanges] to get a half decent price.

I have to get them made up into manifolds – no big deal [ if you can weld ! ] so the additional cost will be whatever the guy charges me for the welding.

I’ll dig out the invoics for the flanges and get the price per set. I’ll just put 10% on for my running around etc.

Thanx again

beachcomber
    Participant

Here’s the carb flanges and Weber mock up – if pix pransfer this time !

DougyT – I’m doing exactly what I do on 5-6 other forums – not downloading ? Is it a different system on here ?

Thanx DougT / Michael – now sussed !! See following post.

Michael
    Participant

How to post pictures from local hard disk ?
    Go this way and don’t use the “preview” button supplied close to the “submit” button:

Michael
    Participant

… continued:

Michael
    Participant

… and this is the original picture posted as described before and is in the end the result of steps 1 to 4 and is named step 5 in my description:

I typically post reduced pictures. Standard format is 1024 x 768, leads to approx 200 kB per picture.

beachcomber
    Participant

Thanx Michael – I should point out that I AM the original computer dummy !!!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Beachcomber,

good to see your pictures 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Thats brilliant Michael.

Thank You

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very interesting Beachcomber. I might be interested in investing as well . . .

beachcomber
    Participant

The great thing about Webers / Dellortos / Solex carbs of this style are the ease of tuning and loads of spares at reasonable prices. Also loads of carbs around – £50 – £100. Also they don’t need individually setting up as twin carbs.

There is also a good range of choke sizes around what we need for these bikes of ours. Typically 38mm or 40 mm chokes would be good. As far as I’m concerned that is one more part on the bike which is “future proofed” – knowing I can always get spares, jets, etc. They’re also damn good carbs !

My problem [ one of them ! ] is although I am an auto engineering designer with many auto designs to my credit – I am NOT a welder / machinist. That is to say I can stick two bits of metal together – but it’s not pretty ! I’d rather leave that to the experts.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this