Got a Twin for my spouse :-)

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Got a Twin for my spouse :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Maria is happy to join the Z750Twin community as well πŸ™‚

I’ve bought a fairly usable Z750LTD Twin, model Y1, 1982, for her and got it to start today πŸ™‚

Swapped the starter motor and did several other things to optimise it to the condition it has now.
    Some more work to do, but already rideable πŸ™‚

Special number plate as well.
    FDB is our area code and can not be changed. ZY 82 is what we could select and so she knows it is a Kawasaki Z, model code is Y and make is 1982 πŸ™‚

Today no test ride at all, it was just about 2 to 4Β°C and rainy / snowy weather. No one would like to ride a bike under that conditions !

Some pics of the bike:

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

Very Nice Michael.

It Looks like its in Very Good condition! My wife has asked if it would be possible to make her a Twin Trike?

That Project will be some way off yet, but she has expressed an interest. So here’s Hoping πŸ˜‰

I will look forward to hearing Maria’s opinions of the bike :pint:

Michael
    Participant

I have bought that bike unseen for 888,- Euros, as it looks like to be in good condition.
    I know the seller and his other really brilliant and original LTD Y1 Twin.

But this bike has 51.000 km and is modified / repaired in so many instances.
    I’ve expected it to be in more or less stock condition, paaah, far away.
    Many minor things, but every of them causes some trouble.
    OK, now it is rideable and needs some movement. Kawas don’t like to stand still πŸ™‚
    Further improvements as required.

You will meet Maria (for sure) and her Twin (probably) in Belgium πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

I know that there are some Z440LTD Trikes out there.

Maybe it is worth to find one of them.

No idea how they are made, but might be adopted to 750Twin as well.

Just “googled” Kawasaki Trike and found a lot of nice versions.
    No 440s at all, but nice ones πŸ™‚

Why doesn’t she want to ride a bike ?
    No matching driving licence ?

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

No she has a licence Michael.

She also has Two Motorbikes of her own a Kawasaki ZX6R F3 model and a Yamaha 535 Virago.

Think its just that she fancy’s a Trike!

Plus She could Carry all the luggage on the Next International Meet! πŸ˜€

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a lovely looking bike Michael and I am sure I would have chanced buying it like you did. It is a shame you had so many little problems but well done for getting her roadworthy again. I too am looking forward to meeting Maria and her twin so my fingers are crossed for you both.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sam (Tango’s wife) has a full UK bike licence and has owned many bikes in her time. She is a very good rider and currently owns a 600 Ninja and a Virago 535. Unfortunately Sam is a tall girl so struggles to be confident on a tall bike. Her Ninja has been lowered quite a lot. She has sat on my CSR before but as they are a heavy bike I can understand her apprehension. She has ridden her Ninja with Tango and me on our Big Bot bikes but won’t ride the Virago. Now Tango has a 750 twin she is showing an interest in joining us on the Virago but now fancies the twin community hence the trike challenge.

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,

ok, now I can understand.
    A trike might be a new challenge πŸ™‚
    A Ninja 600 is a serious bike !

Please get rid of a Virago 535.
    It is not a bike, it is pure horror !
    Looks like a bike, but there is something wrong with it.
    Ok, it is a V2, which is wrong from the core ! (Some exceptions out there, but they have 90Β° or 180Β° angled cylinders!)
    All the components are mismatched.
    Cooling fins are bolted on, fuel tank is an air filter cover, etc.
    Nice appearance, like an iPhone.
    It looks like you can do a telephone call. In the end you have to use hundred of Apps, to get it looking like a telephone.
    Don’t get cheated ! Neither by a “telephone” nor by a “bike” !

Only bike that is even more worse is a Kawa EL250, and I still have one.
    I should have had that repaired, it is faulty in many part and the girl who owns it can’t efford to pay for new components. Finally she gave it as a present to me and I want to get rid of it !!!
    It takes valuable space for real motorbikes in my garage and it must go this year !
    Anyone interested ? πŸ™‚

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Ahem. I have an iphone πŸ˜†

The trike will be a great challenge and probably based on the CSR. I am looking forward to it but I do have a simpler challenge for my CSR that may just come first πŸ˜€

Michael
    Participant

My company forced me to use an Apple Gameboy, called “iPhone” as well πŸ™‚

I have never ever phoned, mailed or SMSed less in the past 15 years than with this “look-a-like a phone” gadget. I was used to use a Blackberry, that is a mobile phone!

Only things I use regulary with this Apple piece of chinese manufactured, absolute cheap #OOPS# is the “Wake up call” and “Tetris”.

There is a corporate setup on this, maybe a free configurable Gameboy is more worth than this.
    Maybe “Need for Speed” and “Space Invaders” are working properly ?
    What does this help for communication ?

In the end a push button is a button that you have pressed, a button on a touch screen is a #OOPS#. It may work, accepts your input or it may ignore it and you have to push the virtual button again and again and again and …

In the end Apple has tried to delete approx 11.000 music titles from my PC just caused by connecting an other iPod (MP3 player), which is not registered to the actual iTunes account. These songs were not downloaded through iTunes, but copied from CDs I own.
    They were not in an Apple related folder.
    Apple accessed my PC to delete data which I have created and are legal for use on my PC !!!

Not any Apple device in my private life, for sure !
    Apple is even more worse in spying on you than Microsoft, NSA and Santa Claus together.

Cheers, Michael

Tango
    Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ sat here LMFAO!!

Bless him KK thinks my wife is tall! But she isn’t realy!
    She is only 5ft tall!:-)

And if Andy thinks he has a fat Arse? That’s his worrie! Leave me & my Honda CB out of it! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I must be honest Michael I hate apple with a passion because they want to control your world. I have my Iphone and as a phone etc I find it great. Apple equipment is great quality that I cannot question but I do refuse to be a slave to apple world

Michael
    Participant

Agree !

One of the scary features of an iPhone is that it controls and communicates where you are in the moment !

My system admin has full access to my iPhone and he knows when I am at home/home office and he calls me on the landline instead of calling my mobile phone number !

I am waiting for the moment, that the admin turns on the two cameras of my iPhone to see what happens right now :-(((
    Need to get some stickers on them πŸ™‚

SchΓΆne neue Welt :-(((
    Beautiful new world.

How did we manage to survive 20 or 30 years ago without mobile communication ???

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Pardon guys,

sometimes I can get upset about technical things that are not built or working as expected IMHO πŸ™‚

We may open a new thread in regards to Sam’s Z750Twin trike ?
    There we can collect technical information, hints, Pictures, etc. for this future Project.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is a great idea Michael and something we will do.

We do have a plan for the trike but we have a project to complete first. The trike we want to be shaft drive so I am looking at converting a CSR to shaft drive before we start on the trike.

All knowledge, comments and opinions are useful when undertaking such projects. I will look at sharing what we know so far later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this