Jimi from Brigg North Lincolnshire

Home Forums New Member Introductions Jimi from Brigg North Lincolnshire

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Karl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jimi5150
    Participant

Hello everyone Jimi from North Lincolnshire here,  I got an abandoned 76 KZ750 twin chopper project that I swapped for an old ratty Kawasaki GPZ305 years ago and the chop has been sat in the back of the Garage waiting it turn.   Last year lockdown enabled me to catch up on projects around the house, garden and other bikes and car, just leaving the chop.  Unfortunately due to Covid I was recently made redundant so as well as looking for work etc I have started work on the chop as sometime to focus on and a distraction from my present situation, I have been selling old motorbike parts that I have for bikes I no longer own to pay for this.   The previous owner had it sat outside in the open for years, so I’m presently concentrating on getting good compressing and the engine running.   It’s presently a hard tailed chopper, which isn’t really me plus having lower back & shoulder problems would be torture for me to ride so at a later date I will be looking for a original frame and selling the chopper frame which is customer built and the frame has not been stamped.   I have looked on ebay and the internet and I can see I can get just about get everything I need to get the bike to or near original except for the rare (I’ve seen any yet) down pipes.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Jimi5150 and welcome to the site.

It is a bit of a grim story you tell so far so let’s try and give it a happy ending.

I would like to know a little more about your bike (age, model etc) so we can ore accurately help and advise you. Any chance of a few pics? I have a decent stock of used and new spares here and can get most parts through Zpower at slightly more favourable prices so shout up if you need anything.

Cheers

KK

Karl
    Participant

Hello Jimi

I have something similar,  abandoned chop missing loads of parts, near got the engine back together now. This site has been a great help for both parts and advice. Good luck with yours and let’s have a look!

Karl

Jimi5150
    Participant

Karl
    Participant

Jimi

That doesn’t look bad, mine had no head steady fitted either, it has one made up to go on it now, if the engine ever gets back in the frame! They look like xs650 forks and wheels.

Karl

Jimi5150
    Participant

Well spotted Karl, they are definitely Yamaha wheels and look like XS wheels, I might sell them at a letter date, someone hand painted them white and they look a mess but the white paint is crumbling and I may be able crumble the paint off to the original Yamaha black.

Karl
    Participant

Jim

Jet washer might bring the old paint off, xs650 chops are quite popular with the man bun brigade,  it may be worth advertising the rolling chassis complete,  I imagine a Yamaha engine would go in there with new mounts made up.

Karl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this