Kawasaki swinging arm options

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress Kawasaki swinging arm options

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andy1198
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone know the width of the swinging arm where it fits in the frame? I’m looking at later model aftermarket swinging arms to fit a wider 17″ wheel & a 150 tyre & want to measure a few up as options

Thanks in advance

Andy

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I don’t know the measurements but I can tell you they are different for different models. What model do you have?

KK

Andy1198
    Participant

One of these, CSR?

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Looking at the picture I would say it’s a 1982 Y1 LTD. Check the frame number in the Model ID section of the library.

KK

philpassingham
    Participant

i have fitted a gs500 swinging arm and rear wheel onto a 750b with spacers,another is a gsx750 box alloy swinging arm which also fits and looks the mutts nuts

Andy1198
    Participant

Cheers Phil

That is the sort of information i was hoping to get from the group. I’m looking at a 550/750 Zephur swinging arm to fit & need to make a few measurements once I get the bike in my workshop to confirm it will fit in the frame or need minor work to do so.

Cheers

Andy

philpassingham
    Participant

i do have a zx9 back end thats aprox 260mm at the pivot

Andy1198
    Participant

Andy1198
    Participant

Andy1198
    Participant

Andy1198
    Participant

Andy1198
    Participant

Apologies if I’ve posted loads of the same pictures, been getting some jargon saying the post hasn’t been submitted & when I look, I can see that the pictures are on the forum.

Anyway, went with a Zephyr 750 swinging arm, just needed 6mm off each side of the arm where it fits in the frame, got to make up some top hats so the bush sits on the bolt that goes through the frame.

Trialled a Zephyr 750 wheel to see how a 150 tyre will look, still want to go with supermoto style wheels, next up is a USD front end.

Andy

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Andy1198.
    Andy1198
    Participant

Supermoto wheels in for mock up, still not sure about what front forks to use.

Andy1198
    Participant

Went with a Zephyr 750 swinging arm, fairly straight forward to fit, had to cut 6mm a side off the width of the arm to fit in the frame, need to make some top hats to suit the swinging arm bolt that goes through the frame.

Put the wheel in to see how a 150 rear tyre will look, still want supermoto style wheels. Next up is an USD front end.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this