Kaye’s Bike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kaye
    Participant

Hi All, I’m Kaye
    Just thought i would introduce myself and my bike, i bought this bike April 2013 as a none runner and a fair few bits missing and this is what i have come up with 🙂 the obvious one is as i bought it….The front end is from a xs1100, carbs are from a gpz500 seat is made by me, side panels are csr750 lower rear shocks 27cm.
    lucas rear light, and many other one off other bits.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Kaye and welcome to our forum. You are our 1st female owner/member here.

You’ve done some good hard work there. Total respect. Can’t wait to see it sometime. I’ve always wanted a Belt Drive model

philpassingham
    Participant

welcome kaye,where in yorkshire are you?

kaye
    Participant

Thanks Guys, I’m in Goole, on a Boat 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

Dewsbury down the m62

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

welcome to the UK site of the Twin riders 😉

Nice bike !

Cheers, Michael (from Germany)

kaye
    Participant

Thanks again for the welcomes, and Dewsbury is only about half hour away from me, i live in a marina in Goole on my Boat, and we have a great little club house open on a weekend we are next to the Waterways museum,so if anyone fancies a little ride out this way you are very welcome to visit, we here here most weekends.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You live on a boat? Bugger you could have come to Belgium with us in June and saved us all the ferry costs lol.

I can see a trip to your Clubhouse and Museum coming up sometime.

Great to have you aboard

kaye
    Participant

Ha ha, yes i live on a Boat for 24 years now, i have been In Goole about 2 years now, tell you what though there is a good pub at Rawcliff Bridge just up the canal too i think they do camping … oh i put a little video on ya music feed,it was just a rhythm we got going and made up 😉

tony54
    Participant

Hello kaye, what does your bike run like with those Kehin carbs, ive just bought a 1983 ltd, with the standard mikunis and am not having much succes in setting them up, im continuasly having to adjust the idle warm and cold. how does the choke work will your bike idle when cold. did do the jetting? cheers for now Tony.

tony54
    Participant

Hello kaye, what does your bike run like with those Kehin carbs, ive just bought a 1983 ltd, with the standard mikunis and am not having much succes in setting them up, im continuasly having to adjust the idle warm and cold. how does the choke work will your bike idle when cold. did you do the jetting? cheers for now Tony.

kaye
    Participant

Hi Tony54, The bike in the pic ran ok on gpz carbs, though i no longer have it!
    The bike i ride now is a 1976b1 well it was!! starts and runs fab they are also off a kawasaki gpz500 34mm they do have slightly bigger pilot jets and the air screws wound out 2 turns and running on K&N air filters and short meggaphone exhausts.starts great ticks over lovely, hope this helps rgds Kaye 😎

tony54
    Participant

hello Kaye,
    Nice bike, i would love to hear it run,i had those megaton silencers on my kawa 440 ltd, the previous owner had fitted them, nice throaty sound but popped and banged on over run, had to richen the idle to sort it, i even tacked in two baffles, because it was so noisy on motorway runs, but back to those keihin carbs, theres plenty of sets here available at breakers, do they just pop into the Original rubbers, and i gather that they have a cable choke? im going to have one more go at those mikunis tomorrow, if that doesnt work im going to try those gpz carbs. cheers Tony.

kaye
    Participant

eyup again Tony,
    They are are a couple of mil differance but a bit of lube and they wiggle in 🙄
    As for the choke i used a cable from an xl 185 with an extra adjuster fron a push bike brake, whatever works lol
    rgds Kaye

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this