Kaye’s progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    kaye
    Participant

Thought i would put my progress here, i know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea bit i like it …. 🙂 side panels next…..

lonesome
    Participant

Yep, not my kinda thing, but I saw a chop the other day with mirrors hanging down from the bars so he was looking back under his armpits 🙂 It looked a lot cooler than it sounds!

kaye
    Participant

Fair enough, I don’t think my bike is anyone’s taste but mine if I’m honest, I just try to post stuff as I’m going along, but I put stuff on my fb and get more interest than on here !!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It looks cool kaye. As said not my personal style but I can respect what you are doing. This is a very quiet site as you have probably guessed. Don’t let that put you off. Keep it up girl . . .

kaye
    Participant

I have seen chops with mirrors pointing down, and i think they are pretty cool too 😎

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I can’t say i’ve seen pointing down mirrors ever. Have you got any pics???

kaye
    Participant

https://xorl.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/how-to-flipped-mirrors-on-a-harley-davidson-sportster/ Hi kk, here is a link to swapping the mirrors around on a Tractor!!
    Its simple really, i’m planning on doing it to my bike….rgds……oh and a rough idea with a bit of wallpaper as side panel templates..

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

I did some picture editing with my limited capabilities, but maybe it gives you an idea how it may look like this way:

Upper edge of side cover matches the form of the seat and is supported by fat black line with fine white stripes, same or similar as you already have it on the tank 😉

These lines hit upper mount of rear shocks and flow onto rear fender.

Front side of side cover ends in a straight line in parallel with the frame tube. As known from LTDs/CSRs.

The pic with the yellow lines features parallel lines. Base line is lower edge of the tank and repeated at lower edge of side cover.

Have fun and go your own way,
    Michael

Michael
    Participant

Mirrors below the handle bar are quite popular with Caferacers and other modified bikes.
    Here some pics:

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I am really growing to liking this Kaye. The paint job is looking really good especially with those lines. I’m liking the suggestion from Michael of following the lines through. That completes it to me.

kaye
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    First Michael, thank you very much on your thoughts and ideas and yes i’m liking the idea of following the seat lines and i’m going to roll with that sort of idea, some inspiration is from a Triumph Hurricane (exhausts) and since the tank has been slimmed down a bit and the side panels need to meet the tank, and i’m most probably going to change the tank stripes to run down the tank and flow into side panels. ……upside down mirrors in progress 😉

And KK,

i’m dead chuffed my bike is growing on you, i just wish i had more time to spare, same for many i’m sure.
    Still onwards and upwards i’ll get there in the end 😛

TRIUMPH OF SOME OF MY INSPIRATION lovely 😎

kaye
    Participant

well this is my take on Michael’s suggestions still only a template but i think i’m on the right track…
    😎 😎

pps just incase anyone noticed there is a 1936 austin 7 in the back right on this pic slowly getting buried, at least my bike is doing better than that 😉

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Yeah I think you’ve got it there. Really neatens it up and finishes the job

kaye
    Participant

upside down mirrors…… oooo i’m getting there 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Interesting. Not quite sure on visibility. Might be better as your not getting round your shoulders

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this