Kaye’s progress

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is looking really impressive.
    Can’t wait to see it painted and hear it running.

Keep up the hard work.

kaye
    Participant

Thanks KK,
    I think i have achieved the look i was going for, but all the wending and fabrication stuff and the fab workshop/barn where it is, is all down to a good friend PJ who is a real gem 😎 Those rear struts are made from a prop shaft from a boat ! happy days YES i can’t wait to get some colour on once side panels are made then the paint will be next 😉

kaye
    Participant

Happy new year all, bit more done, i put some lower bars on and springs under my seat also got the hydrolic clutch conversion piped up now ill put a pic of that up tomorrow as my phone was going flat doh……oh and found a nice old leather couch i’m going to nick a bit of to make a nice seat cover from 😉 and a nice little rack for the rear mudguard……………………………………………………………………….update exhaust headers wrapped and work has started on the side panels happy bunny 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Looking very good Kaye and nearly done but . . . . . Does she run??? lol

Your a lucky girl having those facilities available to you and a good friend.

kaye
    Participant

Hey kk, to be honest not tried to fire it up, as the coils are not wired up yet, i’m sure it will run fine 🙂 i have been trying to get all the metalwork stuff finished,so can be painted. I’m aiming to get finished for spring woop woop

Yes i’m very lucky i have a good friend who helps loads,the side panels are his slant and just letting him do his stuff on them, he likes to play with his English wheel, and shrinking metal with hammers and a dolly great guy 🙂
    can’t wait to have a ride 🙂 !

kaye
    Participant

Off side Side panel in more of less done ………..but……………..
    Hmm not sure about the Orange headers, i think they need to be Black!

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Spray on coloured silicon is available from the likes of ebay that is made for that job, not used it personally, also read that heat wrap is easier to wrap if it is soaked in water to soften it first.
    Not an expert on this subject but I will soon be doing mine soon so I will have to learn fast!

Looking good even with orange headers

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

good progress !

As I saw the side covers the first time I didn’t comment on them.
    Really not my style, they are looking like teardrops.

Seeing the latest pics it reminds me they have the shape of the body of a guitar.
    Paint some strings and a head on them and you will have a music bikes 😉

Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

Got my seat made if nothing much else, made of a nice bit of Leather from an old couch, i’m going to Dye it Black though! …i should make these to sell as Leather seats are expensive !!…

Michael
    Participant

Hi Kaye,

good work !
    I love the idea to reuse the leather of a couch 😉
    Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

kaye
    Participant

ORANGE!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very Very nice.

I am impressed with your work. It looks great.

Not seen one done like that before.

kaye
    Participant

Thank you KK,
    I’m just trying to be a bit original here and different…..: 😉

Mikeonabike
    Participant

Very nice Kaye, A lot of unseen work goes into projects like this, routing and mounting things hurts my head!! I was not keen on the side panels but now they are finished they look good.
    Well done 🙂

philpassingham
    Participant

Still want her back

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this