New from Surrey

Home Forums New Member Introductions New from Surrey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Leema
    Participant

Hi Folks
    After a break of 30 odd years without a z twin I finally got another. Was looking for a standard ish B1 but ended up with a Non-standard CSR. Bought on ebay after a beer and bid evening. Did not expect to win it to be honest. I saw Paul’s LTD on the German site and thought “I want one like that”.
    I have a long way to go to get to that standard but that’s what I love. Working on bikes as well as riding.
    My other ride is a CB750 K1.Kaptainkwak is to young to remember those he reckons.
    Below is a picture of the twin the day I got it back home. Have made a few changes since.

Will update pics soon.

Ride Safe
    Lee.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hey Leema. Great to see you onboard.

I am blessed with 5 CSR’s and a B1. Also I have a ZRX1200R and a KMX125. I only had to go 15 years without a twin and that was bad enough. Only one of my twins is road worthy but I am getting ready to start a project of building a 100% original showroom condition CSR. If you need anything for yours shout up I have most parts in serviceable condition.

Whereabouts in Surrey are you? My sister lives in Camberley.

Looking forward to your pics

BTW I am a young 56. I do remember the CB750K1. I mistakenly thought it was a CB750K6

Cheers for now

KK

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

welcome to the Lonesome Twins 🙂

Congrats to buying a CSR.
    That is a rare model in Germany.
    If KK goes on like he did, then it will be a rare model in the UK market as well 😉

Paul’s LTD is in very good condition and I like that setup, too.

Cheers, Michael

Leema
    Participant

Hi Guys
    That’s a huge project KK. I suppose it helps if you start off with an original especially with the spares situation. Trying to get a full gasket set at the moment. Wemoto say they do one for the B. Will they fit the CSR? As far as I can see the rocker cover is different. can it be adapted. Going down the garage tomorrow to see what I need. Could be a long list.
    Those bars on Paul’s LTD do you think they are from a Z900. I find the originals pull back to much for me.
    I live just outside Guilford not far from your Sister.
    Have tried sending pics with no success. Have done what you told Richh but no luck. Maybe they are to big to send and don’t know how to reduce.
    Ok with a spanner not so hot with the computer.
    What are you riding Michael?

Lee

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

well, this will be a long list 😉

My girlfriend Maria and me have three Z750 Twins on the road, some more that can/will do it in the next years 😉

In addition we have a Yamaha YZF600 Thundercat, a Honda VFR750F, a Yamaha RD80LC1 and a Simson Schwalbe (former Eastern German 50ccm scooter).

Cheers, Michael

PS: The Dirtbike has no engine anymore.
    It was needed in my Caferacer 😉

PPS: Last pic is Maria and her brother, her’s and my bike, me taking the picture 😉
    It was at Cote d’ Azur, South of France, close to Nice (Nizza), spring 2013.

Michael
    Participant

more Twins, not on the road:

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

the rocker cover gasket for the CSR needs to have two additional “ears” to tighten the secondary air system (SAS).
    The SAS is located on top of the rocker cover, right above the exhaust camshaft.

Most of the available gasket sets include the matching CSR cover gasket. Using that with a B you can see the “ears” standing off unused and can be cut off afterwards.

Gasket sets will cost around 50,- to 60,- Euros over here in Germany, but no sealing rings included !
    You may want to change the sealing ring of the switch lever axle as these tend to be untighten and are under the upper oil level.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Leema

Yes it does sound like a big project but I have been collecting parts for years now and have pretty much all I need. You would be surprised what’s out there when you hunt. I’ve collected many NOS parts including wiring harness, idiot light cover, frame and a full set of engine covers to name but a few. I have also bought an ideal donor bike imported from New Mexico. The chrome is amazing condition inc a original exhaust system.

Michael is right about the rocker cover gasket. You can use CSR on a B but not the other way round. You need to ask the question if buying over here as our dealers don’t seem to know they are different. The only other difference gasket wise that I can think of is on the clutch pushrod adjusting cover. The B has an egg shaped cover with a gasket whereas ours have a round cover and no gasket.

Leema
    Participant

Hi Folks
    Thanks for the tips regarding the gaskets. Have now ordered a set along with a fuel tap repair kit. The bike only runs on prime at the moment. Hopefully its just the diaphragm in the tap. Some good looking bikes you have both got. How do you find the time?
    Below should be a pic of my bike the day I got it home.
    As you can see there are a few bits missing. So I am on the look out for a grab rail and a set of clocks at the moment. The Sissy bar and rear light are going. Not my style.

Lee

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

if I am not wrong I should have a spare original set of clocks for a CSR !!!
    Large mile scale and small km scale in it.
    Have to have a look, if you are interested.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I might have a spare grab rail but will also have to check. They aren’t easy to come by

Leema
    Participant

Hi Guys

I would be interested in the carbs and hand grab rail. Let me know price and condition.

Cheers

Lee

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,
    looking for carbs or clocks ?
    I don’t have a grab rail, so that’s KKs job 🙂
    Cheers, Michael

Leema
    Participant

Sorry I meant clocks. Had just been reading up about carbs.
    Lee

Michael
    Participant

OK, I assumed that your thoughts were about carbs and you have just typed that word instead of clocks 😉

Will have a look tomorrow and post pics as soon as I have found them 😉
    Cheers, Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this