New from Surrey

Home Forums New Member Introductions New from Surrey

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

do you have the workshop manuals for the Twins ?

Look here for free downloads:
    http://kz750twins.com/?p=15

They are large files !
    Depending on your bandwidth it may take some time to download them all 😉

Cheers, Michael

PS: In Germany we have the “Kompendium”.
    It is a fully reworked workshop manual, done by Werner. It is available on CD, cost is 15,-Euros +PP, but it is all german language, except original pics and tables included.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Right here goes. I have a spare grab rail. It is in very good condition. I believe it’s been cleaned ready for chroming. I got one chromed few years ago. As a single item it cost me £50 which I think is quite dear. Will sell either but obviously the chromed one will be £50 more than the non chromed. Up to you Leema

PM sent

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

I have looked everywhere in my storage area for hours, but can’t find the CSR clocks !
    Can’t remember what else I did with them ?
    Well, I am not getting younger 😉

Please accept my apologise, I don’t have the clocks 🙁

Cheers, Michael

Leema
    Participant

Michael.
    Thanks for looking mate.
    Also ta for the tip about the manuals. I had already downloaded the manual a couple of weeks ago.
    Managed to get an original manual off ebay. Arrived today so I have some bedtime reading now. Hee Hee

Lee

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Michael.
    I bought some CSR clocks from you sometime last year I think. Would those be the ones you were looking for?

Hi Leema
    I might be able to get some clocks together but I’m quite sure they will be tatty as I have been trying to get good sets for my CSR’s. Will try and have a look at weekend.

Did you check your message inbox?

Leema
    Participant

Hi KK
    Thanks for the offer of the grab rail. Think I will put that on the back burner for now. I like the shiny bits but need to concentrate on getting the old girl running right. Gasket set and pet tap kit arrived today and original manual so am now skint.
    Have a few probs with the bike at the mo. ie. Head gasket and rocker leaking badly and she only runs on prime. Turn fuel tap to ON and she only run for about a mile .I guess its just running on what fuel is in the bowls. Any tips?
    Lee

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

No problem mate. I am only charging what I paid and would have to pay again to replace.

Re petrol. It sounds like the tap to me. On the CSR it is a vacuum tap so only works when the engine is running. Check the pipe from the top of both carbs to the tap (smaller one) If that is damaged or missing then replace. If it is intact I would expect the Diaphram is damaged or the tap is simply gunged up with stale petrol residue. Clean and replace and all should be fine. When on Prime the diaphragm setup is bypassed.

As far as your leaking gaskets are concerned then it is simply a matter of replacing them. Be careful when removing the Aluminium Plugs (4-No) which expose the centre 4 cylinder head nuts. These can corrode in. They have an M6 threaded hole in the middle. A slide hammer is perfect to remove them if stuck.

Michael
    Participant

ThanX, KK !

Now I can remember 😉

[Clapping with the hand to my forehead]

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lee,

you may be interested in this photo-story about replacing the cylinder head gasket:
    http://www.z750twin.de/zylinderkopfdichtung.htm

To do that job engine can remain in the frame and even engine oil can stay in there. Ensure that no dirt or parts are entering through the camchain slot into lower areas of the engine!

As always, use Google Chrome as your browser to get it translated.
    Not perfect, but english at least 😉

Cheers, Michael

Leema
    Participant

Hi chaps
    Thanks for all the help.
    Will be changing the diaphragm this weekend. Fingers crossed that’s all it is.
    The photo story is really good will refer to that when I do the gaskets.

Cheers
    Lee

PS
    I think intros are over now so I will start using the rest of this great site.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this