Home Forums New Member Introductions New Member

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Piemuncher
    Participant

I was given a Z750 which is in a sad state, the engine turns the tyres hold air and the brakes work, everything else requires attention. Spares seem, quite scarce

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hello Piemuncher and welcome.

That is indeed a very sad 750 twin and is quite short of a little TLC, well maybe a lot ha ha.

After saying that it is a doable project but you would have to be in it for the long ride. It looks to me like a 1976-1977 B1 or B2 model. You will have to decide which path you want to take. I would personally would want to restore her to her original glory but that will take a lot of time and money but above all commitment. Most of the parts would need replacing. You are right that parts aren’t as readily available as other models but they are out there. Many can be sourced on ebay which I have been doing for the last 20 years or so and I now have quite a large stock of both new and used parts. I have also sourced many new parts.

I would happily have her given to me but you now have one of the biggest decisions of your life to make.

KK

philpassingham
    Participant

needs philpass input

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Piemaker your reply is in you profile area. I can supply all you have mentioned. Seat and tailpiece are no problem. Forks start getting a little more technical. I don’t have and standard ones to just send out. You can get replacement tubes though. There is a guy on ebay does them but at £174 not cheap. I’ve used aftermarket tubes from a z900. They are 30mm longer so longer springs or a spacer are required but much cheaper at £95 a pair. I have new and used exhaust systems in both 2 into 1 and 2 into 2 and even complete systems in stainless. It all depends what you want.

Piemuncher
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, do you have a pricelist? Do you have a frame that is beyond use? some one in the past has sawn off the pillion/exhaust mounts. i need a battered frame  from which I could remove the mounts and weld them back on to mine.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I should be able to sort the rear foot peg hangers. Will any parts you need require posting to I.O.M. or do you know a way to collect?

I have quite a few prices in the shop. The parts you have asked for aren’t there yet. I will send you a PM with some details.

Piemuncher
    Participant

Where are you, in England I should be coming over soon now that we are out of lockdown.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m in Bolton Near Manchester so quite possibly achievable.

Do you come in to Morecombe or Anglesey?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Kaptainkwak.
    Piemuncher
    Participant

Ideal, we usually travel through Manchester on our way to family in South Yorkshire

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Sounds like a plan is unfolding here . . .

Piemuncher
    Participant

Sometimes Liverpool usually Heysham

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Either way your passing mine. When are you thinking of coming to England?

Piemuncher
    Participant

Within the next couple of months

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

No problem. Not been good times for last 18 months but nice to see things starting to approach a normality again.

Are you looking to do a complete restoration or just get her road worthy again?

Piemuncher
    Participant

Back on the road to begin with  complicated by it being a bike belonging to a dead man and having no documentation not even a regno, on the IOM there is a strict test to pass, eventuall  then full resto

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this