New member from across the pond.

Home Forums New Member Introductions New member from across the pond.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jack Horton
    Participant

Hello all.  It seems that the KZ750 is more appreciated in England than here in the states.  I bought my bike new in 1978, it was love at first ride.  I had a Honda 350G before and this was like a big 350.  I loved the torque.  In 1982 I bought a 1973 BMW R75/5 and not long after the KZ750 ended up stored in my Dad’s basement.  Fast forward 40 years.  The kids are gone, the BMW is gone and I’m now retired.  Last month I retrieved my old bike from the musty corner of the basement.  The tires held air and some old $.50 / gal. gasoline sloshed around in the rusty tank as I loaded up the bike.  It survived its 40 year slumber quite well.  I’m now in the process of  removing the dust and dirt and rust.  I haven’t even tried to kick it over yet, letting the penetrating oil do it’s thing.  Sorry for the long first post, just wanted to mention it to people who would understand.  Old bikes sure do bring back memories.

coleighf
    Participant

Hi Jack. That sounds great. Let’s hear how you get on.

philpassingham
    Participant

keep us updated on your progress

Bounce
    Participant

Wow, not many owned from new I bet. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Jack Horton
    Participant

Well, not setting the world on fire with progress.  I always have too many projects going on.

Bounce,  mine is a green one much like yours, except yours looks like new!  I only have one front disk and no strap on the seat.  The pinstripes on the tank look slightly different as well.  I have not been on a bike in over thirty years, we’ll see how it goes.

coleighf
    Participant

The number of pinstripes tells you immediately whether it’s a B1,2,3 or 4. Also, on the 3 and 4, the front brake caliper is behind the fork leg, not in front.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this