New Project

Home Forums New Member Introductions New Project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jimmyjaz
    Participant

Afternoon,just joined the club as I’ve just bought a B1,just got to organise its transport up here.I had a couple of them 40 years ago,and still have one in assorted bits,so looking forward to getting the new arrival on the road.The only problem will be trying to source an exhaust system for it as the web hasn’t helped.I assume all twin owners have had the same problem? Cheers

smiddl
    Participant

http://www.osmc.co.uk/exhaust.htm

check this out , there is a 750 link on the website

if you just need silencers

Marving do them , see wemoto website

down pipes are like hens teeth

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have spoken to OSpipes. They will do a system at around £800 but they need to have the bike for at least a day while they set it up.

KK

jimmyjaz
    Participant

Thanks for the info,I have now checked out my old bike who my mate has had striped for 10 years and the good news is the 2-1 system is salvageable just needs rechroming and a new silencer,probably a reverse cone which you can pick up for £70.I should have my project bike delivered this Friday,Can’t wait to check it out cheers jj

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s great news about the exhaust but just a bit of a warning with re chroming. Most places don’t want to re chrome exhausts especially used ones as they need to be chemically cleaned to remove the carbon deposits. This takes time and also costs. One member just had his done and I believe it cost around £500 so beware.

KK

jimmyjaz
    Participant

Hi yes so I found out,also I have been told they are all flat out,as everyone seems to be doing a rebuild in lockdown,will probably just spray the down pipes and collector box as I am hoping to have it on the road as soon as possible.Strange coincidence with the bike magazine front page article in the library’s section I have just found the bike magazine plus the original Kawasaki handbook with my bits.The bike magazine tested it against 3 other 750s,interesting that he had a massive tank slaper on it,I had the same experience 35 years ago,got rid of the original tyres and everything was fine,cheers jj

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this