New project–flattracker??

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects New project–flattracker??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi dinnertime and welcome.

Cant see your pics atm but will get that sorted. If you want ideas on flat tracker looks try here for some we know http://colinwood.co.uk/wptest/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=627&forum=14

Which casings are you looking for? Ive a couple i think

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Pic sorted.

My guess is youve got a B4 based on the 79 plate and i would guess a USA or Canadian import.

Looking at it the frame has already been attacked. Did it come with a log book?

Big Chris
    Participant

Thanks KK…..or is it Hoggy ?? I haven’t got round to the intro bit yet, I will do it later but thanks for the welcome. I’ve got the V5 with it, it used to be a caff racer apparently, hence the shortened frame loop. According to the frame number it’s a KZ750 B, and it’s got no tinware, but it was cheap!! I’ve got a tank and a lot of generic Kawasaki stuff, basically need a seat unit (toying with the idea of doing my own after seeing some of the #OOPS#e that’s around) and bits and bobs. Both the front outer casings are damaged, the right side one (with the sight glass in) has been gouged underneath the points cover, and the front left hand one has a piece missing where it butts up to the sprocket cover. Not the end of the world, both repairable if necessary but if I can source replacements at the right price……..

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m KK. Hoggy is a mate of mine (not a member on here) who i sold the twin to that he did up (the crimson pic) and a damn fine job he did too.

He has sold the bike on now to a guy in Rochdale area i believe.

I might be able to get hold of the seat mold he made if its of interest to you.

Kawasaki changed the lettering on the engine casings from all capitals to capital 1st letter then lower case. Would this matter to you? If i have what you want and we were to do a deal i would like your old casings as i can get them repaired up here

KK

philpassingham
    Participant

i have the mould 🙂 kk is the poison dwarf

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I had a feeling you did oh large one. Is it up for grabs? I just may be interested 😎

philpassingham
    Participant

you did say sell me somthing lol

cb500t
    Participant

I’d be mighty interested in a seat unit if any are going to be run off
    😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m working on it. Will keep you posted

cb500t
    Participant

Please keep me posted…cheers

cb500t
    Participant

Are these not moulded yet !! 😆

dougyt
    Participant

Don’t pick on him, he’s only little (and old)

philpassingham
    Participant

and little

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Only just picked up the initial mould so will be a while yet. Need to speak with another dude to see what needs moding n stuff so ner ner na ner ner

Big Chris
    Participant

KK, sorry I took a while getting back, been away. I too would like to keep the old style casings, I’ll probably get them welded up eventually–first job is to get it running to see if it’s worth getting them repaired!! I will definitely be up for one of those seat units, please add me to your ‘keep us posted’ list!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this