New project–flattracker??

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects New project–flattracker??

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Big Chris
    Participant

Being new to these beasties, how do I identify what I’ve actually got?? Frame prefix is KZ750B, number is 0238**, it’s a ‘T’ reg, registration date 04/01/79. Engine prefix is KZ750BE, and it has the old outer cases with the ‘Kawasaki’ in slanted capital letters. Anybody identify it for me, in preparation for my hunt for bits!!

philpassingham
    Participant

its a twin 😀

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I’m sticking with B4

cb500t
    Participant

Looks like it needs a seat ASAP 😆

Big Chris
    Participant

‘Looks like it needs a seat ASAP’

Rumour has it somebody on here may be making some shortly!!

Right then…. it’s getting the pressure wash treatment tomorrow, then an attempt will be made to get it running!! Anybody point me to a link to a basic start/ignition wiring diagram??–most of the loom is there but it’s been butchered, an insight into the relevant colours would help me out greatly.
    Another couple of small points….if you look closely at the picture on thr first post does the gusseting on the headstock look original?? Might be me, but it just doesn’t look ‘factory’ Also, it’s got old style ball and cup headstock bearings—is this right, even Triumph were using taper rollers by 1979!! I will be upgrading to tapers obviously, just wondered if these were original??

cb500t
    Participant

Rumour has it somebody on here may be making some shortly!!

I’d heard that as well.. 😮

Big Chris
    Participant

Hi, just bought a ’79 Z750, incomplete, twin disc front, looking possibly at flattracker style?? Anybody got any pictures or links?? Going to be wanting some outer casings soon, anybody know of any??dinnertime_1340095145000_PIC_0104.jpg

philpassingham
    Participant

balls were standard,shop about for taper rollers,prices vary,dwarf has the mould now but he is old and forgetful,look for koykat on ebay,i got a superb colour diagram thats well worth the money

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this