New twin on the block

Home Forums New Member Introductions New twin on the block

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Duffy
    Participant

Please look away all purists but I’ve submitted and put k&n’s on this morning, I will look at returning air box in the near future with your info kk but for now I just want to ride it!! I don’t want to tempt fate but so far so good, fingers crossed and screwdriver onboard!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Purists??? Ha Ha. I don’t think so really.

I doubt any member has a 100% original bike.

A few have opted for K&N filters and some have also gone for the GPZ500 carbs. They are more advanced technology and seem to be more efficient and reliable. They also pretty much fit straight on although you will need 34mm carb to head rubbers and a choke lever of some description as the choke is cable operated. You will also probably have to re jet them too. After saying that it isn’t that big a problem really.

I can supply you with a set of GPZ carbs if you wish to go that way.

kaye
    Participant

Hi Duffy, these are universal steering rack gaiters to be found at any good car motor factors,you just cut to size using the cut end going into the air box, i get them from work Euro car parts! they cost between £5-10, don’t know the retail price sorry…
    Hope this helps and you can make sense of this! x

Duffy
    Participant

Thanks Kaye, I have to admit I hadn’t even thought about getting replacement parts and how difficult it would be when I got the bike, It wasn’t like that in the ’80’s ha. My last bike was an 1100 Kwak and having searched and found this twin just thought it was really smart. I’m very pleased with it but it has has had its share of teething troubles!! My ignorance and impatience haven’t helped. Finding you lot has been mine and its saviour!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this