Newbie owner

Home Forums New Member Introductions Newbie owner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SquadronLeader
    Participant

Hi, my name is Paul and I live in Hereford, I have just acquired a KZ750 with the help of KK, which I intend to restore, its not in bad condition and should arrive next week, it is a USA import but I don’t think that matters.

I intend to strip it down and start from the ground up making it look as good as I can, I am no anorak or wanting concourse, just enough to turn heads.

I am not new to this game as I have owned many bikes over the years and tend to keep at least 2 in my garage, this will make 3 as my other 2 are my daily run around V Strom 1000, and my expensive restoration project 18 months ago a Suzuki GT750 Kettle which I have owned for 20 years I have also been a member of the kettle club for the same amount of time.

Now my wallet has been bought out of its coma its time to do it again with a bike I first saw in Mike Hailwoods shop in Birmingham under spaghetti junction in 1978, I have always fancied one and as the cost of restoration is starting to rocket I think now’s the time.

I know there will be a load of knowledge and technical specs on here which is a must for these types of projects, hope it all comes together.

paul

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi SquadronLeader and welcome to the site.

It has been great chatting with you and so glad we got you that B2. Although it appears to need very little doing to it I am looking forward to seeing your progress with the restoration.

If the pictures of your kettle are anything to go by the result will be excellent.

You should get what you need from this site but if you can’t find what your looking for please shout up.

Cheers

KK

coleighf
    Participant

Hi Paul, join the gang! That all sounds really promising. I bought my original B1 new in 1976 and did a lot of happy miles on it. I could never understand some of the stuff that was said about it because none of that sounded like the bike I was riding! My recent US import 1978 B3 is getting close to completing its restoration and I’m really looking forward to riding one again after forty years! I remember Mike’s dealership well, close to Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham. It was a joint venture between him and Rod Gould and sadly wasn’t a commercial success, it didn’t last long.
    I’m hoping that we will see an awakening of interest in the Z750B Twin and some more of them on the road. Real Classic and Classic Bike Guide magazines have reported very favourably on it against the Laverda 750SF and Honda CB750K and describe it as I still remember it very well.
    cheers,

Colin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this