poser

Home Forums General Everything Else poser

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

where,if any,is the point of contact between the extended and the unextended.

Laudanum
    Participant

Its all in the latin roots, ten relates to ownership or holding a position, as in tenancy or US marines holding their ‘ten’.
    So extend means to add to what you already hold and unextend means to return to where you already were.
    Unlike retract which means to move back over ground you have already covered.
    Anyhoo the point of contact is the greeks and also the point of contact between where you started out from and where you got to.

Endless Nameless
    Participant

This forum is amazing for it’s total insanity and randomness, considering the small number of members we have…

Laudanum
    Participant

It goes with the territory, the forums about an oddball bike thats thirty years old.
    Journalists at the time were all into big four cylinder bikes so they got slated by the press, I wound up with a 400 twin which was bloody marvellous so i always fancied a 750 when i was a yoof, had around 15 up to press…..
    750 twins are an aquired taste, an educated decision, after you have disregarded the given wisdom.
    Or they are owned by a variety of nutters trying to justify themselves.

dougyt
    Participant

You sir may be a nutter trying to justify yourself, I am the proud owner of a classic japanese motorcycle, and I am also pleased to say I am a lamp post of good standing

Endless Nameless
    Participant

Still not sure quite how I ended up in the situation, but I’ve set myself the aim of getting a z750 twin in the next 4 years. I’ll get a smaller bike first once I’ve got me test (still on for this summer) and get a zed when my restrictions up, which should coincide with me not being a lazy student and getting a real job.

Laudanum
    Participant

I’m not a nutter, its you lot, theres nothing wrong with me, bibble. 😯

Endless Nameless
    Participant

I think I’m only here because I have no respect for my sanity. Or possibly because my sanity is respected. Or maybe I mean insanity.

Actually, what I really want right now is a nice big bowl of cornflakes and custard. Nurse!

philpassingham
    Participant

wtf is sanity?????,

BiqueToast
    Participant
    Laudanum wrote:
    …I wound up with a 400 twin which was bloody marvellous so i always fancied a 750……

…750 twins are an aquired taste, an educated decision, after you have disregarded the given wisdom….

Same here, and…

Agreed!

Laudanum
    Participant

Dunno what sanity is but it must be liquid because they are always selling sanity towels in womens magazines, maybe thats why all women are nutters?

Endless Nameless
    Participant

You didn’t get anything for valentines day did you? 😆

I think it’s the slating reviews, the general oddballness, the sort of doesn’t really do anything *that* well thing that makes the lonesome twin appeal to me. I like flawed characters, I feel at home with them.

I also like being bloody daft 😈

Laudanum
    Participant

Steady on, we are starting to sound like harley riders ‘if you don’t ride one you wouldn’t understand’.
    What a crock, had a 60’s ironhead sportster 1000 and an evo 883 five speed and they were bloody awful.
    Also restored a 56 A10 gold flash beezer, it was a bit dull really.
    A 750 twin is a good bike and it doesn’t need bulling up, the reason we all wound up here is beacause we found that out for ourselves.

Laudanum
    Participant

Sorry rant over, half a pound of cheese and off to bed for me…. 😕

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Endless, Nameless wrote:
    Still not sure quite how I ended up in the situation, but I’ve set myself the aim of getting a z750 twin in the next 4 years. I’ll get a smaller bike first once I’ve got me test (still on for this summer) and get a zed when my restrictions up, which should coincide with me not being a lazy student and getting a real job.

I have this feeling that you are using Brit slang. As an American. I am not up on all that.

1. what does “I’ll get a smaller bike first once I’ve got me test” mean?

2. What is a zed? and what restrictions are you waiting out?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this