Rearsets anyone?

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Technical Garage Rearsets anyone?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KZ_Kon
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’m planning on fabricating some rearsets and brackets, but just wondering if anyone has used anything “off the shelf”? Preferably folding ones, so I can still used the kickstarter.

I used to have Tarozzi rearsets on a KZ900 I owned.  They were made to bolt right on.
    I see Tarozzi makes a variety of rearsets for different bikes, but not ours (of course 😉  ).
    However, most of the older KZ’s have the same mounting points for the footpegs.  It’s just the distance/path to the shifter and rear brake lever that are different.  I ASSUME a set of Tarozzi for an older KZ which has disc rear brake should work, maybe with a little modification BUT, at over $300 for a set, they’re too expensive to buy and experiment with to find out they won’t work.

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I can’t say I know of anyone who has fitted rearsets. However one of our members (chrisLWG) has done a modification to his footrests which alters the position. He has reversed the footpegs (fitting the left on the right and the right on the left) and with modifications reconnected the gear change and brake pedal.

Maybe this would help give you what you are after?

KZ_Kon
    Participant

Thanks for the info and picture, KK.  Much appreciated.

I have considered doing that, but I don’t like the position at which it puts my foot.

After posting this message, I found a nice set of CNC, aluminum, folding rear sets for $99.
    I’m going to buy them, then build brackets to install them.

I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Andy1198
    Participant

Did you make the rearsets fit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this